No pain at all!

Posted , 4 users are following.

A few months ago, I discovered I have cervical syndrome. 

The diagnosis is cervical dysfunctionality and dyskinesia, disc prolapse C4/C5, C5/C6, C6/C7 and stenosis of central spinal canal (to 7mm), formamen stenosis with irritation of the neuron structure, incipient/mild cervical myelopathy, occipital cephalea.
 The clinical exam showed PSR both hyperflexia, Romberg positive, spinal ataxia. MRI confirmed with more detail about hernia, lesions, stenosis, loss of disc space, spinal cord compression, osteophytes, bone marrow lesions, hypertrophy, hemanginoma.

I had carpal tunnel surgery last year because the pain from shoulder to finger tip was compellingly bad. It worked immediately.

My CS was discovered while in hospital for something else. The diagnosis has provided an explanation for the odd symptoms that I have become increasingly aware of over the last year; dizziness, wobbly walk, dropping things and difficulty picking things up, tinnitus, disconnected feeling, numbness and tingling. 

I have no pain, anywhere. I need no medication, special pillows etc. I just have to wear a collar for my protection when active. It would seem I am not "suffering" CS. Am I unusual? Are there other pain free people out there? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Balibllue, don't know if you are on the right forum but hi anyway.  Glad you are pain free.  Isn't the absence of pain fantastic.  Good luck on your journey.  Regards Pat

This forum is for PMR (polymyalgia rheumatica) and GCA (gian cell arteritis)

• Posted

Hi Alan, I am so sorry, I was signed into the website that I use all the time, don't know how this happened.  Regards Pat
  • Posted

I am pleased you are pain free,I hope you have not spoken too soon when you say "I am not suffering CS".

I had phisio on my neck once a week for two months,in the end I called it a day as I felt a lot worse afterwards;I asked about a collar but was told they are not given out now.I do know when my neck is still it feels a lot better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.