No relief or help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been dealing with severe uti's for two years. I can not afford to see a uerologist or any special doctors. The doctors I have been seeing prescribe me the same thing every time and say the same thing every time. I keep telling them it's not helping, but I'm still given the same treatment and diagnoses. I've tried almost every home remedy I can think of and I'm too the point to were it's getting to be way too over whelming. I don't know what to do anymore and just want some relief. Even if the pain is gone, I'm still uncomfortable all day every day.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

When I was young I suffered from UTIs almost all the time for a couple of years. I made two very simple lifestyle changes and they cleared up. I stopped wearing tights and changed to old fashioned stockings and suspender belt and I made sure to urinate within 10 minutes after every time I had sex. You may have already been advised by doctors to try this but I never was. They just doled out antibiotics and sent me to hospital for tests on my kidneys.
  • Posted

I'm so sorry you are experiencing this and that your PC doctor is not trying other alternatives that you have or she has in getting to the bottom line cause of this to effectively treat your condition. Have you asked for allergen testing that usually takes several wks to see the outcome? Gluten, soy, grain, and dairy are top allergens that cause leaky gut syndrime, that then causes bacteria and fungus infections to leak into your blood stream systemically, contributing to chronic UTI infections. Have you tried the negative Ion pads to wear during and in between infections? These help as to not reinfect inbetween--possibly certain bacteria cannot be washed from under clothing and re enters keeping the infections going for some?) Or the pink himilayan salt remedy for UTI and bladder infections? I have also read that it helps to be very hydrated drinking 8 glasses of waater a day (have read things about apple cider vinegar being added to water also to help when searching for matural ways to heal UTI infections. I've also read that some use over the counter OZO for UTI infections if you want to research this.. Also, going to the bathroom before and after sexual relations, cotton underclothes only, and no tight clothing.. I know several whose Dr has prescribed a Paleo or Paleo Vegetarian diet for systemic bacterial and fungal infections caused by sensitivities to high allergy foods leading to chronic UTI's..
    • Posted

Correction: Over the counter AZO for UTIs, but I do not have experience with this..
    • Posted

AZO only covers up the pain, not the actual problem.
    • Posted

Thankyou. I will try almost anything right now.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, I have read very high ratings quite consistently on AZO Yeast and AZO Yeast Plus. Many swear by this who have taken antibiotics continuously to no avail. It is surely an option to look into! Please do get back with us to let us know if you have had success with any of the oprional things to try.
    • Posted

I know the azo medicine does not help. So far uristat is helping. Not getting rid of the infection and still uncomfortable, but keeps the pain away. I will try the other options though and hope it helps. Also I've been taking some Apple cider vinegar and it keeps the pain away to, but does not get rid of the infection. Thank you all for the suggestions. I will honestly be trying them.
    • Posted

Hi, it seems there is quite a list of things to try including everything from lifestyle changes, diet sensitivity changes, and even a its said there is even a onnection between sexual activity and chronic uti infections. The d-mannose thought looks.promising and would encorage an increase in water intake. It seems a combination of several different things could help. But it is obvious the underlying cause is undetected or reunfection fron a source or instability of something is off because it leeps returning, Knowing the nature of bacteria and fungus surprises me that doctors are not isolating treatment of bottom line causes and effectively treating this chrinic problem. Please do let us know if you find a solution for this chronic problem that works for you. Kindest regards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.