Non allergic rhinitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just found out that I suffer from non allergic rhinitis i.e. caused by air quality e.g. laundry detergents, chemicals/odors in hair sprays and perfumes etc.  

A nonstop clear nasal drip, itchy nose and bouts of strong sneezing which leave me exhausted.  

Even taking minimal anhistamines wipe me out.

Best solution so far is, covering my head with a towel over a steamed pot of lemon/herbs (home-made localized sauna).  That can go only so far.

Thank goodness it is not food allergies.  

Does anybody have other natural solutions for this debilitating condition? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I too have the same. If I have had a cold it makes it far worse and I turn to a pulsating Nasal Wash. But I do have on perscription Fexofenidine, it does not make me drowsy one a day. Also Dymista spray for the nose, this does help lots also on perscription. I am a pensioner so do not have to pay for these. I have Asthma too also. Not sure what I am actually allergic too though. I suck Strepsils for Nasal blockage too they help in the morning. 

Maureen 

• Posted

Thank you, Maureen.  Having spent hours researching, I found NutriBiotic Nasal Spray Plus with Grapeseed Extract (in my own medicine chest!).  I shall try this now since it is composed of natural products.  

If anyone else have stuff that works, please post because not being able to function because of constant sneezing and dripping, itchy nose gets to be stressful after days of this condition.  Thanks.

• Posted

hI, l have had allergic rhinitus for many years. It first started when l moved into a house at side of main road, worse when working in front garden, chronic congestion, coughing fits with throat feeling like l was breathing in dust, l,d also inhale steam under a towel and blow to clear, Gp diagnosed allergic rhinitus and gave me rynocrom, caused a sort of plug in the nose, but helped. Later moving up to top of hill it cleared by itself, but later returned, whith rynocrom less help, l also noticed same symptoms with plaster dust, soot,  some detergents toiletries,could walk into some shops and it would hit my nose and throat instantly, then coughing uncontrollably, same if stood near parked vehicle with engine running, more so if diesel, bus,s,this started years ago, but now officially confirmed that diesel fumes far worse for allergy,s and asthma. l looked my allergens up and it seemed the main chemical was formalin, which is in many products. The nearest to rynocrom now in shops is prevalin, but not a cure.  The rhinitus is perennial but increases with summer season.

An ongoing search for things to relieve it, nasal sprays, anti histamines, wearing wrap round shades in summer to keep allergens out, the dry coughing bouts worse, like choking, dust grit in throat, always carry tissues, cold drink and soothers. l recall one gp saying its just a runny nose, l wanted to hit him, as l agree its far worse than that and can be debilitating when at worst.  Sorry no solution,s, just understanding

• Posted

The allergies lightened up for a while when I had dental surgery (my attention was focused on the pain on the gums and the stitches).  Now that is gone, the allergies return stronger than ever (strong sneezing, itchy nose, nasal passage, eyes).  

I found this natural remedy called "Nasaler" (consisting of pure extracts of cumin, quercetin + Vitamen D, to boost immune system), made in Belgium.  

Does anyone know of this product and used it?

Where can I purchase it in Switzerland or elsewhere in Europe?

What other natural remedies has anyone found that is helpful?

Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.