non surgical procedures failed help plz

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I need some advise I have a herniated disc on L4 l5 which happened last year July I'm still suffering soo much I had 8 facet joint injections done this year after my doc sed I don't really need a discectomy which was booked and cancelled last Sept. So the facet injections never help then I had my dislocated tailbone manipulated back into place and injected hoping it wud help the pain but not really then 3wks ago I had a lumbar steroid epidural I had instant pain relief I started crying I cud flex and bend I was over joyed but the next morning I had double the pain ruing down my leg from my back doc told me to give it a week for steroids to kick in but til now my pain is so bad it hasn't changed. Doing physio and did acupuncture I can't walk fast or even steadily I feel like a snail in pain.Im going to a surgeon on the 21st of Dec yes I have been trying to avoid surgery but my doc says they have tried all options available and I need to do the surgery.and eye opener for me was another patient who told me what at it quality of life it's OK for doc's to keep avoiding surgery but it quality of life is going down the drain.

Does anyone have any advise for me please so desperate to get my life back I'm so fed up with pain..

Much love xoxo

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

So sorry your suffering and when it goes on and on sometimes you will just do anything for relief which is exactly what I done, I had the same as you l4/5 prolapsed disc and suffered for years being laid up for a week at a time with 2 small children so I had a fussion 13 years ago and I have to say if I could turn the clock back I would, I would have tried more option first but there wasnt information readily available like there is today, I also have a friend who had a disectomy 2 years ago and is also worse now, I don't know anyone that has benefitted from surgery only been left with a life of pain and awful meds, you may not have an option but please explore every avenue first, I see a chiro practor now but wish I new him back then, my husband had 2 years of treatment after a car accident and he's fine now, that may seem like a long time but he's not in pain like I am, there's also a treatment called Bowen therapy, these may not work for you and you may not have a choice but please do some research first, I'm sorry if this has scared you and that's not my intention and I'm sure there are successful stories but I can only advise you on what I went through and believe me I wouldn't want you to end up like me, I wish you all the luck in what ever you choose to do I hope it's the right choice for you. Let me k ow how you get on after your meeting on the 21st 😊

• Posted

Hi Carolineq8

Thank u for replying I'm so sorry to hear about your pain it really effects us emotionally and physically even worse with small kids thank u for the heads up because I'm just laying here thinking what's next.its so scary esp with what the downfall of surgery can do.

I'm really praying for healing because God can cause miracles but it's when u want it to happen now then it won't. A friend did tell me about a chiro as well she was booked for surgery same problem but she cancelled because the chiro had helped her manipulate the pain and do stretches to ease the discs problem is how expensive these are and it's sad that with back problems the cost is so extreme that u left with financial pressure afterwards.

Thank u for the advise I am looking at alternates not gna give up I still want to have more kids and this whole injury is depressing me .

I pray healing over u in Jesus name.

• Posted

Ah it's great to hear your being positive about it, alternative treatment is very costly and it annoys me so much when there's a price put on health especially young fit people that have so much to give still to society and that could be taken away because of money, I hope you find what works for you and I wish you all the best, may I just add I wasn't told that having a fussion would stop me from having more children I only found out afterwards so it's just as well I wasn't planning anymore or I would have been devistated, keep in touch 💞

• Posted

Omg fusion will prevent having more kids I can't do that I want 2 more kids so bad this back is stopping me weirdly I had a doc who told me who knows maybe the baby wide push ur disc back into place I didn't know if that cud be possible.

Freaking out now.yes plz keep in touch feels good having ppl who understand what this pain is.

• Posted

Ah I didn't tell you to freak you out just you mentioned it otherwise I wouldn't have remembered but if I had wanted more I would have been devestated not being told, weirdly tho after my first child my womb started breaking down and I was told if I wanted any more children to move it along because I was going to need a hysterectomy however after my second child it put everything right, so having children can do wonders for your health 😊, fussion maybe isn't something youl need anyway but I think we need to be armed with as much info as possible, I went in to mine blind folded 😞

• Posted

Lol at least your womb was sorted out. I keep emphasising to docs that I want to have more kids and they all say il be fine I can have after surgery keeping fingers crossed will let u know was the verdict on the 21st🙈take care I hope u heal as well God can do miracles

• Posted

Same to you and look forward to hearing from you, sending love and prayers 💝

• Posted

Carolineq8

I did get pregnant with a fusion just had to go on bed rest, I had to much stress and eventually loss the child. But it is possible to have children after having a fusion it's just your medication gets cut and you will be bed rest and you will be in pain

So just find the right dr and right ob so you know what you want and what direction to take or want to go through

Take care and best of luck

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

Ah that's awful I'm so sorry to hear that, it just shows you though we get told one thing and then something else, there's no wander we end up on forums to help each other as it's best to come from someone's experience rather than a txt book, thank you Cynthia I hope you are well today 💖

• Posted

Aur448

You sound like me 25 years ago and I just had surgery yesterday to take out my stimulator, it was causing to much pain in my back and legs and they wouldn't listen to me when I told them it was my fusion now because my doctor is dropping an insurance company I don't have a doctor after Dec 31, I'm totally screwed without knowing what is going on in my back plus I'll have no pain meds I don't know what I'm going to do its so depressing knowing Drs are just money hungry idiots to say, sorry to hear what u are going through but it looks like surgery is what you are going to need

Keep us posted as I will you

Good luck and hopefully some pin free days ahead of you.

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

Hi Cynthia

I'm sorry u feel pain I know how u feel.

I wonder sometimes why us I mean there's ppl out there who don't even take proper care of themselves but go on to live healthy lives.

I'm scared of surgery but also it's been a year since injury and I suspect further damage and I hear u when u say doc's don't listen it's like only u know what u feel inside and when u tell them they look at u like u crazy that's what's happened with me literally begging docs to sort my pain.

No pain meds is just horrible I can't even imagine hw u feel hang in there and pray.

I have also been drinkn tumeric in a little hot water with black pepper it helps pain and inflammation.

Been taking for a week now can't tell if it's working coz I'm hooked on meds but try it.

I'm sorry at what's happening with the docs is there no government hosps that can help?

I'm in SA so we do have government hosps but the waiting is long.

Take care I pray healing over u in Jesus name.

• Posted

Aur448,

I'm in the USA they now are hurting people who don't have any insurance by making them pay hundreds of dollars at the end of each year it goes up it was caused Obama care but now that trump is in office he's trying to get that fixed but let sees what happens when he gets in but probably no better, but the poor ppl get poorer and the rich get richer, it's tough and I don't want people who have no money to go even poor, and people who have nothing to even lose even more money and have no doctors on top of it. And I do not understand why people would want to come to a country that really can't do Not for ya.

Good luck and I hope you can get yours out because now that mine is out I can honestly feel a difference, god bless take care and keep smiling through the pain it does help aittle they do say laughter is the best medicine.

God bless take care and I hop your day comes soon

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

Oh no that's sounds terrible I wish the world was on 1 level then we wud have better living conditions for all.

I don't know if trump is better than Zuma coz the ppl are suffering here poverty and homeless is on the high rise and just to think I was considering the US lol il stay put for now.

Yes I'm trying to stay positive but it helps knowing how others experiences so I can prep for it .

I hope you get the medical assistance that u need it's not fair to suffer even when we pay tax somethings gotta give.

Here we pay tax very heavily so it feels like we work to pay tax hope it changes soon.

We waiting for the DA to take charge and have some peace...

Take care much love

Aur

• Posted

I came across something called motion preservation surgery it's a prosthetic disc that's binded to the top and bottom disc and allows normal movement instead of fusion limited or discectomy.

Did anyone here about this?

• Posted

I have just came across this as well but from what I can gather I think it's still relatively new and not sure how widely available it is but it sounds amazing, fingers crossed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.