norethisterone depressive side effects!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i recently took norethisterone to delay my period as i was getting married, i stopped taking it the weds after and from then on i felt extremely miserable, anxious, teary, i kept focussing on tiny little negative things from the wedding day, i couldnt sleep, i couldnt eat, found it hard to focus at work and communicate with people, this lasted for a good four days!! Has anyone else experienced any thing like this????

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've been on them for 7 months as I had no periods a all and was diagnosed with PCOS. Since them I've had a rocky few months to say the least I've been moody, no sex drive, anxiety, palpitations and the shakes. I'm now off them as the side effects are making me feel like I'm going mad but it's goingto take weeks for them to be out of my system and I had 5mg three times a day. How my husband has managed with living with me I dont know but thank god I'm not on my own! I've been to a and e thinking I've had a heart attack at one point at 32!!! Lol
  • Posted

hi, am getting married on 17th august 2013 and i'v been taking this pill twice a day and it has just been 1 day now... i just wanted to know when exactly you got your period after you stop taking the medecin..?? am quite worried because i do not want to get those feelings... and also i dnt want to get my period the day of my wedding... i'v been told to take the medecin twice a day for 10days... for how many days have you taken the medecin before your wedding..??

please help me asap because my wedding is near...

thank you...

• Posted

Hi, i was on this pill for 7 days, 3 times a day. I had my periods after nearly 10 days of stopping this tablet. Its been 33 days now , no signs of periods at all. I am trying for a baby . I had abdominal cramps on day 28, thought my periods will be soon now,but nothing has happened. I did one hpt, n its negative. Dont know whats happening. Very stressful n baffled.

Please help,thankyou

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.