Normal discharge post surgery?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi again ladies! Well I'm now officially 2 wks post op for rectocele and cystocele repairs. I go see my doctor on Monday, but in the meantime want to check that this is normal. Bleeding has stopped, but I now have a yellow watery discharge. Normal?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I only had anterior repair, but at one week, bleeding was gone, but I had a yellow discharge that quickly progressed onto being thick, creamy yellow/green. Sometimes quite a lot of it. Along with the fact urine seemed to be leaking, which was formidable for me as that is really why I had repair, for stress incontinence. This leaking wasn't stress caused, but tiny bit all the time. So I waited until a month to ring Surgeons Nurse. DUMB ME! Meantime I had joined here to see if I could ascertain what discharge we should expect. So Nurse faxed a lab form for me to do a MSU which came back growing ecoli in my urine! So onto antibiotics which within 2 days had mostly fixed the problem and by 2 days after AB's finished, I was pretty good. I didn't have any other of the usual UTI symptoms. I had never had a UTI in my 57yr life, but do know they signs and symptoms, but because I didn't have any of the usual ones, I discounted it as being that.
  • Posted

Hi, I'm assuming this is normal as I have exactly the same thing and like you I was concerned. It seems that others in forum also experience this. Hope your appointment goes well.
  • Posted

I think a bit of discharge is normal. I bled for 2-3 weeks but now have a light yellow discharge (22 days post op now). If it increases or gets smelly I think you would need to look into it further, also keep an eye on general signs of infection such as temperature and feeling progressively worse (recognising that you can have good and bad days).
  • Posted

I am three weeks post op tomorrow and where I thought my bleeding had stopped, a couple of times I have noticed very pale pink blood when wiping myself, and now just a small spot on my towels. Is this to be expected after a few days with no blood at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.