nortriptyline

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just been put on nortriptyline for my pain has anyone else had this and did it work was there any sidel effects thanks x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Welcone Debbie, i dont know what that med is..it might be under a different name here..im in Australia, but i know you will get

someone on here who knows...gentle hugs....be blessed, have a

lovely day..😊

• Posted

Morning Debbie I've has this tablet sadly like all meds I find they don't do a lot for my pain I was taken off nortripyline a bout 2 months ago due to palpatations of the heart that the dr though was due to this medication although it does read they can cause palpatations. I'm still getting them now and is on tramadol . I didn't find I suffer a lot of side affects with nortripyline but like all meds there are side affects and theses affect people in different ways . I wish all the best and hope there useful for you xx Take care
    • Posted

Thank you tiggers not much works for the pain but I have a high intolerance to most meds so have tried alot over the years just hope these work and I don't get too many side effects .

Gentle hugs xx

• Posted

I, too suffer from palpitations and have had an ECG which showed nothing to be concerned about. However I have been referred to have a 5 day heart monitor to see if it may be superficial tachycardia. I too am taking Tramadol but along with Naproxen, Lyrica and Citalopram.

Thanks,

Holly

• Posted

Afternoon Holly I'm just on a heart monitor at the moment due to the self same thing as you they did think it was the last tabs I was on but I'm still getting them and had fast heart rate . The dr has said about putting me on heart tablets after I've been on the 7 day monitor and see how I go . Wishing you all the best x
    • Posted

Bless you, thanks for letting me know. I am so stressed about it tbh. I mean ever since I got Fibro everything went downhill from there lol. I am 21 in November and had Fibro since I was 19ish. Can you let me know what comes of the 7 day monitor and how the tabs go? 

Also just wondering how long have you had fibro and the heart palpitations? Do you think the palpitations are associated with Fibro? x

• Posted

Hi there, 

I have been on Nortriptyline, and found that it gave me terrible nightmares and also very vivid dreams that made no sense at all. It also gave me terrible headaches in the mornings. In the end I decided to stop taking it. 

I am sorry I couldn't bring more positive news on this medication sad

Holly

• Posted

I'm so glad you said about the nightmares I thought it was me when I had them but now I think it was the medication I was on as I don't seem.to get them now and I'm on tramadol .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.