Nostil blockage, tingling In head and face

Posted , 2 users are following.

6 months with allergies. Loads of symptoms although some have eased . The last month I've developed tingling in left side of head and face. I've been getting loads of discomfort before in my left cheek. My left nostril is completely blocked up most the time and have swollen turbinates. Im going back to doctors next week to tell him about this tingling. I'm putting it down the allergies but I'd be going mad if I didn't have the blocked nose I'd think it was something more serious.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Richard...

Hopefully you're seeing an ENT physician.   Regardless you may need a CT Scan to determine what's causing the discomfort.  I've had blockages over the years resulting from Sinusitis and Nasal Polyps

• Posted

Hi John

No just my local GP. He put me on predisone and amitripilyine but it hasn't helped. When I go back next week I'm going to demand some further more in depth checks. Did you have these symptoms ?

Thanks

• Posted

Yep, I've had some tingling, but it was rare.  I've had several surgeries to remove nasal polyps and the polyps can without a doubt cause blockage.  There was no residual pain from the surgeries, but the first few days there is lots of drainage.  I've never known a GP could do much for my blockage.  I like my GP, but my ENT I like better for my nasal and sinus problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.