Not a UTI so what is it?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had quite a bad UTI over a month ago now, took 2 lots of antibiotics and the UTI is gone, had numerous urine tests since and there is no infection.

However my symptoms have not gone, they are mild , slight stinging when urinaring occasionally, but what's bothering me is the feeling of needing to pee constantly and that uncomfortable feeling in your lower tummy that your bladder is constantly full.

I've had swabs done everything came back normal and I am not pregnant.

Anyone any advice? It's really getting me down. sad

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sometimes you get the stinging feeling after a UTI because the urethra is still sore following the infection but as to why you're getting the urge to pee constantly and the feeling of a full bladder just makes me think you still have an infection. However everything is normal but I just wonder if there's a small infection there that the tests just haven't picked up. I've known that happen before. Obviously you can't go on like it is so give it until the end of the week and see if it clears. In the meantime drink as much water as you can.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply!

I thought I'll just wait it out abit since everything came back normal. The thing is I am a huge worrier and think myself into symptoms sometimes... The symptoms did pass for a little while to be honest but they came back and I stated worrying again.

If I am busy etc and not thinking about it it isn't a problem and the symptoms go away. So I am a bit stuck as to know what to put it down too!

• Posted

If your symptoms stopped and then came back again it could mean you do have another infection. It's understandable you're worried, I'm a worrier myself but sometimes I think it's because I have too much knowledge about these things. Keep drinking and try a probiotic drink, I've heard people say they help.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply! I will drink plenty and see how it goes. If not I'll pop back to the doctors and see what they say! X
  • Posted

Same ting has happened to me, So Id really like to know the answer too.
    • Posted

So annoying isn't it. It's been going on for so long too, all because of a urine infection that isn't even there anymore!
    • Posted

Yes, It is very annoying, My doctor put me on nitrofurantoin for 6 weeks as a prevenitive measure, but woke up yesterday morning with that old familiar burning when i pee and bladder feeling like it is going to explode anytime, Im on an antibotic, so what the crap is this feeling of another infection??? Go to the Dr tomorrow, will get them to test my urine yet again, and probably find out again NO INFECTION. Will let you know the  results,
    • Posted

Sounds horrible, definitely let us know the results.

It's so hard for me to get to the doctors, i have just started a new job so really can't get there very easily, they are so short of appointments too! sad

• Posted

georgina a lot of areas have walk in centres where you can access a GP in the evening and at the weekend. Do you know if there are any in your area that you could access?
    • Posted

Thanks matron, I had a look there is actually one quite near me! I've managed to be able to come into work late tomorrow so I can go to the walk in clinic at my GPs. I'll see what they say! Hopefully something useful cause this is driving me insane!
    • Posted

Thanks Matron, I will let you know what they say.
  • Posted

You don't mention your age Georgina. Are you perimenopausal or post menopause by any chance? Could it be vaginal irritation/atrophy? I have had 2 episodes of UTI this year and still had symptoms when a test came back negative. The doctor has given me an HRT external cream but I haven't actually tred it yet as the symptoms ha cleared by the time I got it.

• Posted

You know, I was thinking that is what my problem is, Vaginal Atropy, I just dont like having a pelvic done, but yes, I do want to be well again, so I think I will call and make an appointment with a Gyno, I am a 56 year old woman and I keep getting burning urination still after being treated for uti, and Drs saying no more bacteria.
    • Posted

No, I am 22, No other Heath problems. Had sexual health checkup, pregnancy test, general swabs etc everything came back normal and have tested urine 3 times since which show no infection. I am stumped! I'm trying some cystitis sachets, and going to give d mannose a try maybe. But going back to docs tomorrow morning also

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.