Not Diagnosed with anything?

Posted , 3 users are following.

It's so hard to find somewhere/someone to speak to about my heart problems, i call them heart problems because i haven't been diagnosed with anything, it's very frustrating.

I've had palpatations over 4 times within the last half a year, each time resulting in a trip to hospital and even the most recent time i had some sort of medication to slow the rate of my heart from 210bpm!! It was like being in a car and someone slamming the breaks on, thats the only way i can explain it. Some people may find it strange that i'm asking to be diagnosed with something but i can't not be suffering with something.

All the doctors have told me is that i had 'supraventricular tachicardia' once and the next time i'm seen is in december!! ridiculous!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is very frustrating-I've been there too! Don't stress to much about it though, just because you are occasionally having palpatations, does not mean that you are in any danger. Especially if a Doctor at the hospital wasn't too concerned. I get bad palpatations every day, Emma! They can last a very long time. I've had experiences of irregular heartbeat that has lasted 16hours.

I have been told I have Wolff Parkinson White syndrome. Perhaps this is what you have too?...

It took the Doctors 9yrs to figure it out. My GP said it was panic attacks because I am just a 'very anxious person'- I was 14!!

You don't sound particulalry symtomatic though. It's just a nuisance.

If you would like to find out what is wrong then go to your GP and tell them that you want to be referred to a Cardiologist for further testing. This should put your mind at rest. I hope this helps!

• Posted

Hello, were you able to get a diagnoses for your episode. I've had palpitations for almost 10 years now and I'm trying to find more info on treatments. Hope everything turned out ok.
  • Posted

Hi. I you have wpw, it will be visible on a normal ECG all the time (the 'up' bit is a more gentle slope rather than a sudden steep slope) so I would agree to get referred to a cardiologist for an ECG if they didn't do one when you went to hospital. If, on the other had, you have had an ECG already and wpw was not diagnosed then you can pretty much rule out wpw and its probably some other kind of svt, many of which are also treatable by ablation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.