not digesting mezavant

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a bm yesterday morning and noticed something that looked like a little piece of a popped balloon, I knew I hadn't eaten one so investigated further and saw a big white hard lump and then figured out it was one of my mezavant pills that doesn't seem to have been digested - just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and is something to worry about? I took the pills after dinner at about 8pm the night before and this was at 11am the next morning.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Normally pills get disolved by then. I had bleeding prior to changing my diet. During the time I used to discharge pieces of bloody puss that looked like corn mixed with mucos and blood. I asume it was pieces of inflamed intestine. 

After elliminating gluten, no more bleeding.

Cheers​

• Posted

Hi there how long did it take for you to notice a difference was it just gluten or did u avoid wheat and dairy I have the same in my stools x
  • Posted

Hi Nicole

It took over 3 weeks. Started with reduced blood in the stool, followed by gassing and frequent travel to toilet / discharge of mucus covered pellets. Finally stool was back to normal within 4 weeks. I started with avoiding bread, weat bix, milk, and pasta. As replacement, all rice products, e.g. rice noodles, gluten free weat bix / noodles, and lactose free milk.

It worked for me.

Cheers

Ehsan 

• Posted

Hi Ehsan

Thank you was you able to eat salads and fruit or did that aggregate you too so hard but I believe diet plays the biggest part also did u have a flare with diah

• Posted

Yes, I could eat any salad and fruit. Final stages were with some loose stool and gas, a sign of body repairing itself.

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.