Not sure if I am in the right forum, but...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I am not sure if I am in the right forum or not, but I have a question for you all, to see if anything sounds like something I should be concerned with.

My big toes on both feet, and the toes next to them have gone mostly numb, my shoulder, neck, and arm muscles have gone so weak, and my right thigh has an area that has gone numb, but feels numb on the skin, and under the skin there is this sensation that feels like someone snaps me with a rubber band lightly.  This has all happened slowly over the last few months, and I didn't really pay too much attention to it, but the toes were added to everything else and now on a daily, all day basis.

I do have arthritis, and Sjogren's, and on Prednisone, low dose.  But this is a whole different feeling than anything else that I have ever felt before.  I am not sure If it is something to bother my doctor with or not.  These darn auto immune things are tricky, and I don't like to pester the doctor with every little ache and pain unless I have to.  Any info would be appreciated!  Thank You!    btw  I am 61

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, any of us can ask whatever they want, so I don't think you can get anything wrong. As you've said, autoimmune conditions can be tricky, MS, the forum area you're in, is definitely no different.

What you're describing does sound pretty similar to symptoms often associated with MS, however, there are so many effects that it can have. Start keeping a record of what's happening, it could be useful for drs appointments. I don't think that you would be wasting your Dr's time telling him/her what's happening, at the very least, you'd have it logged on your medical records.

• Posted

Hi Wendy,  Thank you, the log keeping is a good idea.  I will start my log now whilst I'm on the computer. 

Thanks again!

• Posted

I forgot to add, as you're having strange neuro symptoms, it's generally good to, where possible, record start AND end dates of new symptoms. End dates can be just as telling, where these kinds of, pain in the rear, sorts of things are concerned. Don't forget, given the complexity of our central nervous systems (brain and spinal cord), each person tends to have symptoms that are, in part, different and part similar as others dealing with this type of situation. There's no 'right' for neurological disorders like MS, there's just what is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.