Not sure if memory black out adds up, what do you think?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Over the weekend, my memory blacked out at a party for about 3 hours. I left my house around 10 after consuming slightly less than two beers (concentration 8%). At this point I definitely was feeling a little drunk but not too much. Probably about 45 (11-11:15) minutes after getting to the party I had one shot of vodka. I remember feeling drunk, but no more than I usually do. (And I usually do drink quite a bit more) Around midnight, I completely blacked out and there are about three hours that I have almost no recollection of. But I do remember everything that happened after around 3/3:15. In fact, everything from before blacking out, mixed with select flashes from about 12-1 and what I could remember after 3, had me convinced that I hadn't blacked out at all and simply just forgot a few things. (After 3 I ended up staying up until about 7)

It wasn't until today when someone told me what happened between 1 and 3 with me, that I even knew I had blacked out in the first place. The next day I felt fairly hungover and at least in the morning experienced a very high heart rate. I'm just under 5'6", I weigh about 130 pounds, and I had eaten a normal amount that day. 

Do you think the black out could've been due to just the alcohol?

I have also, only had a memory black out like this from alcohol once before, which I can remember drinking very heavily before hand. And I only missed about an hour of time before I passed out completely.  

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sounds a bit odd, alright. We're talking a couple of 8% beers and a shot of vodka over 3 or more hours? Are you taking any meds that might have a bearing on this?
    • Posted

I am not currently. The only thing I had taken was advil much earlier Saturday because of a migraine headache. I don't take anything on regular basis. 
    • Posted

Is there any chance that you're drink could have been tampered with?

it seems very strange if no medication interaction 

• Posted

That what I'm inclined to think. What I see on the web indicates GHB lasts about 3-4 hours.
    • Posted

I took the shot from one of my (male) friends, but I watched him poor the shot and he handed it right to me. Its possible that I took another shot I had monitored less but I only remember taking the one. 
    • Posted

GHB seems to match up with what I experienced better than anything else. I just can't figure out when I would've consumed it. And from asking people that were at the party, to the best of everyone's recollection no one saw me drink anything besides that single shot. 
    • Posted

Do you (or anyone else) have any idea how GHB would make someone feel the following day? 

• Posted

Check the web, it seems to vary. I didn't find anything definitive with a quick search.
  • Posted

HelloR.T. This is indeed very strange and I do not understand how this can happen. If you had drunk a whole bottle of vodka yes but this?? Medication??sorry but cannot help much. Cortor's advice perhaps. Robin.
  • Posted

I don't think it is strange like everyone else.  I think that alcoholic condition is progressive.  I think your brain is tired of alcohol...you mention you drink heavily at times. Vodka is pretty strong and your beers were pretty strong as well.  And if you were blacked out, it is possible you had more than one shot of vodka and don't know it.

Blackouts are part of the progression.  I was never a blackout drinker but with time...depending on the chemistry of my body on some days (whether I ate or not)...sometimes my emotional state.....the brain is very complicated. 

I think you simply blacked out....and hope that the next time you drink you are with people that care about you...and in a safe place where you don't have to drive.  Because you don't know you are in a blackout until the next day when you can't remember things sad.  Be safe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.