Not sure if this is an allergy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel like I'm swimming underwater.  My ears nose throat feel clogged up.  Also get occasionally mucous back of throat.  Have to cough to relieve it.  Does this sound like an allergy.

thanks

lynda

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

happens a lot with anxiety, if you suffer from that it could be that
    • Posted

Thks for replying.  I do suffer from anxiety.  I am also on sertraline 75mg.  Thought the mucous in back of throat was perhaps an allergy or somehow linked to sertraline as I never experienced that symptom before.
  • Posted

It would be important to know how long you have this. 
    • Posted

I ment how long ago. You provide very little info to be able to to provide any advice.It could be either.Allergies can be saeasonal or all year around, but you might have non allergic rhinistis, anxieaty might also cause all kind of problems, I noticed when I get anxious, my nose gets stuffed up even more, though I suffer from long term chriinic rhinitis. 

If it's a long term thing you should consider checking it with and ENT.

• Posted

Have you been back to the prescriber?  [Is it your GP]  I think that is what I would do, especially after reading all the potential side effects of this drug.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.