Not sure what wrong please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I'm not quite sure what's wrong with me. It started with a serve migraine 4 days ago. Throught the day I got really bad abdominal pain kind of like really bad period pains. Also was experiencing pain in my lower back and shooting pains down my right leg and rectrum. I took pain relief for the pain, it was like a really heavy pain in my abdomen. The next day I started with a sore throat and constant sneezing. I went to see my gp yesterday and explained the abdominal pains and he tested my urine for infections but it came back today clear. Last night the pain wore off due to taking pain relief but i was having hot and cold sweats the palms of my hand were sweaty and i felt really clammy. The doctor booked me in for a smear which ive just been and had done. Earlier today feeling no better I was stood in the kitchen and got a very sharp pain in my right side near my hip bone. It went straight across to the center of my stomach and down my right side leaving me in tears from the pain that lasted about 15 minutes. The past 4 days I've lost my appetite. Felt neausea but I put that down to the migraines. I have constantly been burping and feeling very disiorienated aswell as still feeling sick. The doctor has just been to examine me as i had my smear and carried out swabs. I suggested could it be my appendics as i had the same symptoms but the doctor has said he doesnt think it is that. Does anyone know what it could be please? He has prescribed me antibiotics to treat it as an infection but I have to wait 8 days for the results. Just wondered if anyone had the same symptoms and got a diagnosis? Its a frustrating not knowing what's wrong being a working mum. Any advice would be appricative. Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Since you are still awaiting test results and are on antibiotics, I would wait to see if you start feeling better after your medication finishes.  You are more likely to get a diagnosis then.  If you don't feel better after this, go back to your doctor or see someone else for a second opinion..

• Posted

Seems to be your appendix.  You may want to consider going to the emergency room.  You could also ask for an ultrasound of your abdomen.
  • Posted

I had same pain . It took me to ER. They did all testing and CT and ultrasound and it was ok . Than after six day pain was worst. They gave me omeprazole which didnt help much than they tested me for H pylori bacteria and it was positive . I took antibiotics and pain is better but having hard time diagesting food. Im scheduled for endoscopy next week. Ask for H pylori test . I had same pain like you .
  • Posted

It sounds like H Pylori if all other tests are negative. I am on antibiotics at the moment. Feeling much better. Still fatigued but getting there slowly. Also taking Nexium
  • Posted

I've just got back from out of hours. I've had 3 pregnancy test done and all negative. They examined me again and said it doesn't sound like my appendix's because if it was it would be so painful she wouldn't be able to touch it. But she didn't want to rule it out at this point compleatly. Reffered me for a 3rd opinion from a gp In there and she's diagnosed it as pelvic inflammatory desiese. My temp was high and also my blood rate. She said I could have a scan tonight but I would have to wait hours in a n e... Or i could come home and if the pain or symptoms worsen to call an ambulace and they could see me straight away.ive felt very faint since teatime tonight. The pain is more around my sides now but a bareable dull pain? Just read u on pelvic inflammatory desies and theres some possible symptoms that i dont have? Who knows :-/... Thanks for your comments :-) i do appreciate it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.