Not too sure

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all, praying you're getting some relief. I've been in pain since October. Mine seemed to just happen overnight. Started with both bottoms of feet in pain and then to both my heels. Xrays show heel spurs and is recommended I do cortisone shots. After reading many posts, I'm thinking I'm going to cancel the shots.

I'm now going to physio therapy twice a week and getting laser and tens machine done. Just when I think it might be helping, I'm in tears at night with so much pain.

Just wondering how crucial it is to get an MRI done. My doctor doesn't seem convinced but I'm worried it may be something else wrong; besides the obvious spurs as I don't have the typical pain in morning like most people seem to have. My feet are probably the least painful when I first get up so I'm very confused. I truly feel for everyone that has this horrible condition and I pray for all of your healing and reliefsmile

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Roxy

Sympathise with what you are going through.  Like you my plantar does not hurt first thing in the morning.  It gets worse during the day, although some days are much better than others.  If I could spend my entire life sitting in a chair and not moving I would be fine!  The more I walk the worse it is.  Exercises did not do me any good at all and I have been doing them for 4+ years.  Have now stopped.  My advice to you is to get an MRI scan and don't be messed about by doctors. Pay for it yourself if you have to.   I've never had cortisone shots, as the feedback is dreadful.  I have had shock wave therapy and that did work for about three months, then back to square one.  To be fair shock wave therapy does work for some people, so that might be a route to go down.  Hope this helps you.

• Posted

Ty for your input, Soxy. I'm making yet another Dr. appointment and will ask about MRI. I'd just like to know for sure what it is that I have.
  • Posted

Hi Roxy

Sympathise with what you are going through.  Like you my plantar does not hurt first thing in the morning.  It gets worse during the day, although some days are much better than others.  If I could spend my entire life sitting in a chair and not moving I would be fine!  The more I walk the worse it is.  Exercises did not do me any good at all and I have been doing them for 4+ years.  Have now stopped.  My advice to you is to get an MRI scan and don't be messed about by doctors. Pay for it yourself if you have to.   I've never had cortisone shots, as the feedback is dreadful.  I have had shock wave therapy and that did work for about three months, then back to square one.  To be fair shock wave therapy does work for some people, so that might be a route to go down.  Hope this helps you.

• Posted

Hi Roxiekitty

I'm alittle concerned that your Dr doesn't want the MRI bc an MRI is really the only for sure way to be sure about what you really have. An Xray is not enough...but that's what a general Dr does. You need a Podiatrist and hopefully one that cares a bit. It's soooo easy to just call everything Plantar Fasciitis but the reality is a lot of folks that come thru here have nerve issues and other things but an MD Dr has just stamped them with PF. I'm like you...my heel is best in the morning...in fact the more I'm off of it, the better. True PF is usually only in the heel, however their are alot of other pain causing parts of that fascia tendon.You basically have to try lots of things. It feels like I'm walking on rocks in my left heel that has the PF. But it began in both heels...just suddenly like you said. The first thing I tried was rolling both heels, but one at a time, on a frozen plastic bottle of water. The PF emmediatly left my right foot, praise God, but it did not work on my left foot. I have lymphoedema and cellulitis in my left leg so I have other issues of swelling that didnt allow me to be so blessed in that foot but basically I'm a huge fan of the frozen water bottle rolling bc it never returned in my right heel again and it's been 2 years now!!! Most folks have horror stories about the shots so I won't even try that. I've on read 1 success story on it. I believe you try Crocs or Dawgs shoes bc the cup the heel instead of landing you flat on the heel when to walk. It's the only shoe I can wear...and you can wear the knock off ones too as long as they cup the heel. I hope I've helped alittle....keep coming back here.There are lots of different kinds of pain tho and remember they arent all PF but they all have questions and stories like you and me. Praying for you.....ladyjack51

• Posted

Thank u so much lady, for the info. My feet do both hurt and it's more the bottoms of them; that fleshy part just under the toes, and I get sharp pains there. My heels do hurt too but not as much. I'm going to insist on an MRI when I go to Dr on Wednesday and maybe get some concrete answers. Last night I couldn't even stand a pillow touching them and I had to sleep with both feet just hanging in the air off the end of the bed. Dr has me on codeine for the pain but doesn't help and sometimes I think it makes them hurt worse, although that could be a coincidence. I can't take any type of anti-inflammatory as they kill my stomach and causes major burning/pain between my ribs. I just pray to God for support groups as my husband, although very supportive, just doesn't get the degree of pain I can be in. Will keep you posted; thanks again smile
  • Posted

Hi Im new to this forum and have had this hateful painful nasty condition for 3 years,

It literally is a battle with your mind and body I did pay privately and had it confirmed with a MRI scan that my condition was plantar fasciiitis with achilles tendonitis. After this diagnosis I had cortisone injections in both feet,This didnt work for me it may do for you

Then  A gastrocnemius release to lower my tendons on both legs to cure the heel pain.this was terrible I feel that my legs are worse than before I do not reccomend it. It took a long time to recover from the op and so painful

Lastly shock wave treatment on both feet.Im skeptical about this

I felt like I was being tortured it was hell. I felt it help for two weeks.

The best results are now with physio and Ive changed my diet to suit inflammation, this by far works to a degree and rest and rest and more rest and keeping my weight under control.

Im not overweight at all but if I put on 4 pounds and over the pain rises. However when I slip up and gain weight and eat sugar the inflammation goes up.

Im not diabetic ive had blood tests but now my doctor has given me amitriptolene to help the pain. Night braces are a help and mueller arch supports. like you all i get do not get morning painbut withouth the night braces my feet are restless.

For me crocs shoes are helpful and now Im on a wait list to get orthotics made professionally.I wear Rieker shoes occasionally. Sometimes clarks wave shoes help.Sometimes not

I have spent thousands on Shoes, arch supports etc.One week they work next week they dont. Heel cups are brilliant.I always wear them.

I havent tried Vionic shoes yet they are hard to buy in UK  at the moment I just accept no more sport on my feet.No long walks.  I do weights lying down sometimes a gentle cycle, I do  work luckily my work have been  kind and offered me a chair at work , Most people of my age have had this condition where I work. I am 55, they say it goes after stretching etc with feet on the stairs and standing on your toes.Athough I tried this bought a foot rocker Ive upped my stretching still no improvement. Next step is PRP injections. I have an appointment end of May. Good luck to you all and I hope this post is helpful. Each case is different. Apparently someone at work told me half the battle is remembering how it started .I dont know if you all would agree with this?

For me I will never give up looking for a cure.

• Posted

Aawww...bless your heart jacquanne. I can hear your pain in your words and I know how bad it sucks. You can't ever give up, bc we still have it. Sounds like you've had your own battles with this crazy disease so you have tried so much. I can basically only wear a Crocs shoe or Dawgs...they are made the same as Crocs and Cup the heel. I've had it in my left heel for about 2 years now. Actually staying off of it is the best thing u can do but most of us can't do that for a few days...which is what it needs. I did roll the plastic water bottle under my heel bc in the very beginning I had it in both feet but the bottle and God took it away emmediatly in my right foot when I rolled it so be sure and try that periodically. It never returned in that heel. But sadly it never left my left heel. Let us know how your procedure goes...this is a great site with great folks. We do care...

ladyjack51

• Posted

Def try and get a scan done as typically with PT the pain is first thing in morning. Try and get all the treatment you can with NHS and go private too to cover all bases but insist on a scan good luck cx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.