Not Winning the Tinnitus Battle

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All-

My Tinnitus started 4 months ago. My life has never been the same since. Basically a living nitemare.

I've been through 50 appointments at least. No clue from the doctors. 

However, I have a issue that does not seem to get traction. If I tilt my head to the left or right the sound increases. If I extend my jaw the sound increases. If I raise my arms above my head the sound increases. 

Is changing the sound from muscle movement conductive to hearing loss? 

I had an ultrasound for my neck today (results next few weeks I guess). 

I have an MRI next week. 

Exhausting! Any advice would be appriciated. 

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

One question please.  Is the tinnitus louder when in a quiet environment, or worse?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist,

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

It is much worse in a quirt enviornment. I have a cell phone with static noice playing and with the TV on a high volumn more than necessary (without tinnitus). 

I had an appoint today with an Audiologist and was able to try out Widex Zen hearing aid. It seems to help but only had 10 minutes to evaluate it. I have the text appointment next Tuedsay to have the hearing aid full time. I have a 30 day trial which is a good option.  

• Posted

More info -

I had a seizure 2 years ago (grand maw). I've not had one since. I was on medication for this but have been off this for a year. 

I did fall a week before the tinnitus happened. Down a flight of stars and hit my head on a table. It was not a bad fall as I got up and was ok. That is the only thing I can think that occurred prior to the tinnitus. 

It is important to point out that I have been going through accupuncture and manual message of jaw and glands. There hase been huge dips in the sound level. Last week I had 2 days of level 3 sound level and a day and a of of level 3. I would say 70 percent is level 10. Past 2 days 10 then woke up today with a 5 level. 

• Posted

Wow, that is so weird, it may be inflamatioms causing it, i hope you get some relieve, but the first step to habituation is accept its there, listn to it and try to relax listening to it, the more you listen without fearing it the better, your brain will learn to accept it, I FEEL YOUR PAIN, I been through it my friend and i just recently went ti a loud place (club music) and its not fun at all, it increased the noise to a never ending high pitch noise, but i guess i hurt the ear again and will have to let it heal for a while and the sound will kower or i will have to get used to this higher note once again! You are not alone, we are by the millions trying to cope, dont feel lonely on this, i have been meeting people with tinnitus that i bever knew they had it, even part of my family, and i never knew they had it! Peopke i already knew that had it and i never knew, be patient, habituation will kick in soon and hopefully you will learn to cope with it, dont fear it.
    • Posted

Thanks for you repsonse. It has been 5 months and it has affected me from depression, anxieity (tremors), concentration, and fear. 

I have hope with the hearing aid and masking but again only have 10 minutes of experience with it. 

The audiologist did not feel it was hearing loss but it could be. The fact I can change the sound to a higher level with head and mouth movement is different. At least I hope. 

• Posted

Have you gone to a muscle therapist? I really hope it ceases eventually, its very annoying to be hearing something as losd, i have it pretty loud but it can quiet at times and suddebly it makes itsel noticible, its just completely annoying, but it will get better i hope, keep going to doctors, dont give up but accept it and dont fear it, it helps to cope with it.
    • Posted

I don't know what a muscle therapist is? I would go immediatly if it will help. 

I went to the dentist today for a dental guard. They would not touch on tinnitus or TMJ. It was just a ridiculous in and out processs. I tried  but hey ignored me. But they fitted me for a dental guard I get to use in 3 weeks from now. 

• Posted

Thats no surprise, even ENTS do that alot, they have no answers to Tinnitus but to tell you you either get used to it or a million tests with no results. TYPICAL!

I have read in this page and a few otbers that a neurologist invilved with T os a good option, I also read about a guy named Daniel Shigo and a similar case like yours, look for it in the net and read about his story, he is a musician and gone through what you are going through, he used some kind of meditation o beat the Tinnitus.

• Posted

Do you have a f a c e b o o k? I am under Raymundo Osorio if you wouldike i can send some pics of some natural remedies.
    • Posted

Thank you for all the information Ray!

I do not have a Facebook page. I'm always looking for any possible solutions to offer relief an any way possible. 

• Posted

Ok, thats kool, i really hope you get better, i know the struggle and its not easy, i feel for every person that got T, its all different reasons but the pain is no different in every situation, at least people know they are not alone into this ugly thing, we are by the thousands if not millions, blessings to everyone in this distressful situation!
    • Posted

I'm sorry for you pain and stress for. I didn't state this previously. It is horrible condition and I hope it gets more traction. 

How do you cope with it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.