Nothing going well in life?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey there I just made an account in this website and didn't really know where to post this so yeah. I'm a 15 year old boy currently feeling hopeless. I've had a couple major problems in my life that now make me feel depressed. So basically one problem is that I'm not happy with anything. Literally nothing even interests me or makes me happy, all the old activities I used to do I stopped because I never felt happy doing them. I do nothing now a day except sit around and workout but that's for only two hours and even workout out is slowly dying out. It makes me feel upset thinking that all these other kids are always happy and doing something they love but I have nothing. Summer is coming up and I got all the time in the world on my hands but I have no plans or something to work on. So basically I lost all interest, am not talented, and don't feel happy anymore. I always have to fake emotions around people but deep down I feel lonely and sad. One other problem is I have no real friends. I'm not a complete loner but I feel like it. I used to be friends with all these stoners and used to hang out and have fun but now I don't even want to be around them, I want to be around people that make me happy and that I feel comfortable around but there is no one that I know. I am slowly stopping to hang out with that group of stoners and hoping for new friends to come but that problem won't happen. I have low self esteem and don't feel confident in myself, I am a really nice person and do a lot for people and not really that shy but I can be. One other problem is my family. My dad has a gambling addiction and lost all that we had. My family is poor and everyone is so isolated that it's not even a family anymore. Literally everything in life is bad sad nothing is good and all everything just gets worse. I am motivated to change though I want to be successful in my life and don't want to continue living like this. I don't want to rely on pills to make me happy. What should I do. I don't know if I can see a doctor because my parents don't even care about things like this. Please help me

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh bless you. Don't give up hope. I have felt exactly the same as you for quite a while. You really need to see a gp and ask for counselling you're the age that it should be available quickly. You must be honest and tell the gp exactly how you feel. Keep trying to work out its good for the brain. Can you go to a gym or somewhere to work out with other people? I know it's really hard to do anything when you feel the way you do but you can get better. You just need some help. Big hugs and keep in touch my son is 18 and I'd hate him feeling like that. Please get some help soon x
  • Posted

Get help. Well done for dropping the 'stoners'. You sound like an intelligent guy.
  • Posted

First of all, you have shown an incredible amount of bravery to post this. It takes real guts to do something like this. You have expressed yourself incredibly well too. That shows just how intelligent you are.

Second of all, talk to somebody. Whether it's to to or a family member or a teacher or a friend - it is so important to get help. If you don't think you can talk, then print out this and just give it to them to read.

i really wish you well for the future, but please, please get that help.

• Posted

It's a good idea to write; you might find it therapeutic. How about fresh air and walking or something? I suffer from depression sometimes - it's awful. And I've felt more-or -less lonely/unfulfilled all my life (I'm nearly  50), even though I'm the 'life and soul' of any party (when in a good mood!)
  • Posted

The inabillity to derive pleasure from anything regardless of what it is, such as loss of interest in being with friends and a feeling that you don't enjoy anything is called Anhedonia.  Its a component of depression.  Add this to your talks with your dr in getting treatment for this.  I experienc this where I don't enjoy doing anything or being around anyone regardless.  It's not them it's just a chemical imbalance.
  • Posted

Yes, you can and should see a doctor.

When my daughter was your age she went through the same thing and I took her to our GP, who gave her medication and counselling.

She is now 23 and just finishing university. Doesn't need the meds any more.

You are very brave and sensible - i admire you enormously - do go and see your GP. Best of luck.

• Posted

Hi there, I just made an account on this website tonight. As it's a year since you left your message I don't know if/what help you sought, hopefully you have/are seeking medical help.

You took the first step by using this forum as your voice, that takes courage and you state you have no parental support. Though you are young the responsibility for your health and well being is yours. I presume from what you have said that there is very little money in the household and if that is still the case I suggest you trying to get a part-time job, eg paper round, gardening for neighbours, even car washing for people who can't be bothered or are too busy to take the car to have it washed, you never know you may start a successful business from something that makes a few quid for now. I don't know you but I would like you to succeed mentally, physically and spiritually. I had very little parental guidance and struggled with self esteem issues. I feel you are young enough and out going enough to seek help and get your life on track with some future plans and goals.

Hope you are already on track and enjoying life, your worth it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.