Nothing seems to help.....suggestions?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All, I'm new to this site. I was diagnosed with MD 3 years ago. It went from being a mild inconvenience to a complete disruption of my quality of life. I've changed my diet, which was't bad to begin with, had ear tubes, endolymphatic sac surgery, which didn't help, and 4 injections of gentimycin. I'm still having horrendous vertigo and nausea episodes with my last one lasting about 3 days. I'm at my wit's end. I'm not sure what else there is to do. My ENT doctor and I have discussed vestibular nerve section, but he is afraid that if he does that and it travels to my other ear, then I'll really be in trouble. I'm actually considering Labyrinthectomy. I know it's drastic, but what else is there to do??? ANY advice you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi frances101

I'm in the same predicament, part from all ENT have done for me is keep throwing tablets at me . I was reading up the other day on labyrinthectomy and I was hoping docs would suggest me to have that . I have no life I dread getting up in a morning as I no what the day is going to b like constent dizzyness . I'm at my wits end now

• Posted

Hi Leanne,how is your dizziness? I'm really suffering ATM and so down with it,I'm only 32 with kids and want my life back,lisa
  • Posted

Please look up the work of Dr Richard Gacek a very experienced ENT surgeon in the us. He treats menieres with an initial high dose of Acyclovir anti viral tablets, followed by a low maintenance dose. He believes that in most cases the herpes zoster virus is responsible for menieres. This virus lives in most people, particularly those who had chicken pox in earlier life. The antiviral doesn't kill the virus, but it will supress it. I followed his advice and after 3 months on the high dose, stopped getting attacks. I've been attack free for 3 years now although I still have deafness and occasional wobbliness. But at least I can work now. Please beg your gp and ent to prescribe this. Best luck. Tim
  • Posted

Hi I've been dizzy and bed ridden on and off for 5 months but last week couldn't even get out of bed,had antibiotics which helped but after 4 days of finishing them I'm getting so dizzy again,I've had a cold thing for 7 weeks and I know its my ears that are the problem, I had balance tests that I passed even though I'm dizzy and fall over a lot,also right eye focas gets affected and I've had sinus issues last 7 weeks,have you any of these problems? I'm waiting for a MRI scan and back to ent in 5weeks time,kind regards Lisa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.