Now started propranolol

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I'm 34 male and been suffering from head tension with wanting to frown all the time and lightheadedness/spaced out feeling

Had all tests all came back well

Today doc has put me on propranolol 10mg x3 a day which should stop me gets these horrible head and dizzy feelings

It started months ago when I thought I had heart probs palipations etc and night sweats and just stressed me out so much

These have all gone with just these light feelin gs and like I said tight head above eyes

Do these tablets actually help these probs and also I am to see the wellbeing by the nhs

Soon as poss to talk about why I'm do stressed out or to see if it's a emotional issue

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Richard,

Propanolol is great for medical problems like migraine and heart problems. It's also given for anxiety, as it slows the heart beat. It sounds to me as if yours is a life-style problem - I suspect you are stressed out for some reason. Are you working too hard? Highly-strung? Unhappy? What do you do to wind down? I get night palpitations if I'm working too hard or over-stimulated. They are scary, but apparently not serious. Do you take exercise ?(it helps) Are you using a computer close to bed-time?(don't!) You're on a low dose, but nonetheless, try to tweak your life-style so that you can get off the pills. I hope you are soon happier. Please let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi Helen yh I seem to get stressed and may be a anger prob not sure tho as I don't seem to have much patients for anything and lose interest very quick and get bored very easily and rest well I can't seem to I'm always doing something to keep me busy and to keep me occupied

And I do think I have anxiety for some unknown reason and not sure if these pills are working

Do these take time to get into your system and start working I'm on my 3rd day 3 pills a day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.