NUROFEN+

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone explain why NP+ makes me feel relaxed but energetic and CP makes me feel low and drowsy? I have tried to replace NP+ with CP but it doesn't give the same effect. I can't understand why because Ibuprofen isn't a stimulant (as far as I am aware). Can anyone help? xx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Drew, I've just ordered a box of codeine phosphate to use instead of N+ I'm going to be very careful with it though, I don't want to raise my tolerance to codeine anymore but can't go cold turkey and need required the Ibuprofen ASAP. I've seen lots if threads here and in other places that say the same thing and no one seems to have an answer. I'm wondering if it 'a anything to do with the caffeine content. They put that a lot in over counter products to boost how quickly your body absorbs it but it also has you bouncing around for the first half an hour or so.

At the moment I'm taking N+ for the boost it gives. My job doesn't allow for me to walk around like a zombie so I'll be forced to go easy with the CP. I'm hoping if it doesn't give me the boost I crave I'll reach a natural decline anyway. I've got to the stage where I'm taking N+ and I'm just not feeling it now.

I'll keep you posted on how I find it xxx

• Posted

Thank Jen. That is really helpful. I believe you must be right. It must be the caffeine. I cannot see how it could be anything else. CP keeps the physical withdrawals at bay but it also makes me feel groggy. NP has me buzzing for about an hour, then it feels unpleasant until I take more.

Like you, I have now got some more CP and I hope that will help. I have a busy job too. I can't take time out easily so use NP to keep me buzzing at work. Keep me posted xx

• Posted

Hi Drew, how are you getting on? I've not really done that well this weekend. I was good Thursday and Friday but then I was away with my partner and drinking quite a lot both nights so I kind of need N+ to get me through the day. But back on track today, two this morning but don't have anymore so have no choice. I've banned myself from taking them on an empty stomach now too. Have my CP now so going to use that this evening to help sleep

Would really recommend slippery elm for you stomach. It coats a all your lining and intestines and provides real comfort from the use of ibuprofen Xxx

• Posted

Glad you're back on track. Alcohol will do that every time. My stomach is killing me so thanks for the tip on slippery elm. I will get some. Hope you do ok today. I find CP makes me feel groggy but it should help you sleep xx

• Posted

Hi Drew, I wonder this myself. 1st time I got iff this rubbish was 7 years after my back surgery. I bulged 3 and ruptured 1 dics in my back. Drs would look at me like I was a junkie if I asked for pain relief so I began self medicating. Gradually I was up to 40 a day. Slowly I weabed myself off after several attempts of cold turkey,I couldn't stand the sweating,shaking,nausea,diarrhea and leg pain.

I have been back on them recently,sometimes driving up to 200kms round trip to get them as we only have 2 chemists in town.

This time I stumbled across,switching to paracetamol and codeine and then stopping,with no side effects. The doctor had me on codeine cough syrup,when I had whooping cough but I could still just stop it cold.

• Posted

Hello. Isn't it crazy? Driving up to 200kms to get your fix. I have never heard that paracetomol and codeine is easier to give up. I know that too much paracetomol is dangerous for your liver. I know that cutting down is difficult because, when I tried, I found it crept up again. Col turkey is unpleasant but at least there is a sense of mission to it. You are ridding yourself of this terrible drug. Suffering, I guess, is part of it. I know now that there is no easy way to do this. Read Nikki's posts. They are inspirational x

• Posted

Hi Drew it is crazy but I live out west and that is next nearest town 200km roundtrip away. I had never heard of it myself,I stumbled on it myself. I was taking alot of ibuprofen and codeine, then I was taking panadeine extra as well, or Mersyndol night for pain. Nothing was helping. I stopped taking the ibuprofen and codeine but still took the other. One week I couldnt get anywhere to get anything and my shipment from the online pharmacy was taking longer than normal. I was anxious about how I was going to go,knowing how much it hurt to come off nurofen plus other times,with the shakes, sweats, stomach cramps etc. I had none of this going without the paracetamol and codeine. I run a home business so I didn't have time to go through the "torture". Iam now off everything again thankfully.

I have been reading Nikkis posts,it is good to know you aren't alone. I know the Australian government is trying to deal with this but their real time system still has flaws.

Doctors need to recognose this is a serious problem. I went to a gp about 5 years ago and told him I was addicted to it but he looked at me like I was stupid. I think with the new system,if people are having to go to doctors to get this on a script, they may go for something a bit "harder" instead.

• Posted

Hi Drew it is crazy but I live out west and that is next nearest town 200km roundtrip away. I had never heard of it myself,I stumbled on it myself. I was taking alot of ibuprofen and codeine, then I was taking panadeine extra as well, or Mersyndol night for pain. Nothing was helping. I stopped taking the ibuprofen and codeine but still took the other. One week I couldnt get anywhere to get anything and my shipment from the online pharmacy was taking longer than normal. I was anxious about how I was going to go,knowing how much it hurt to come off nurofen plus other times,with the shakes, sweats, stomach cramps etc. I had none of this going without the paracetamol and codeine. I run a home business so I didn't have time to go through the "torture". Iam now off everything again thankfully.

I have been reading Nikkis posts,it is good to know you aren't alone. I know the Australian government is trying to deal with this but their real time system still has flaws.

Doctors need to recognose this is a serious problem. I went to a gp about 5 years ago and told him I was addicted to it but he looked at me like I was stupid. I think with the new system,if people are having to go to doctors to get this on a script, they may go for something a bit "harder" instead.

• Posted

• Posted

Oh wow Didi. Thank you so much. I am so pleased for you. The problem I have is that when I stop, I can't function. I have to work and deal with family etc. so I end up taking it again to do anything important. I hope you stay strong and never go there again. I am so sad that I ever got involved with codeine. x

• Posted

I know what you mean. Apart from chronic pain that was the other reason I stayed on the merry go round,I knew I had to do something. It was nurofen plus by the boxful as well as laxatives to make the other end function relatively normal. Try it and see if it works for you as well. I didn't have that feeling at all. No headspins either. Good luck it is a horrible thing but you will feel much better without it. I take it now and my stomach feels all clagged up if that makes sense.

• Posted

Yes, it's a merry-go-round. I stopped a few weeks ago and got to day 4. I couldn't carry on because I had to function so I went back to NP. I couldn't even take a phone call, let alone work. I take laxatives as well every day. It is such a horrible existence. It also costs a lot of money to keep buying NP. I hope I can make the changes. I am worried that I will miss the high and the relaxation that NP gives. I hope I can get emotionally back on track and know what it is like again to not have any drug influenec my mood. Thanks again for taking the time to post your message xx

• Posted

Looking for answers,support and advice is a big step ti realising what you have to do. People have died from this stuff. I certainly dont miss the bloated look. You CAN and WILL do this smile keep us posted xx

• Posted

Thank you. Do you feel better mentally now? What can I look forward to? Would you be kind and spell out all the benefits... I and other here need to hear them. Please, if you don't mind

• Posted

You will feel better mentally,physically,financially. You may not have the yellow fat deposits on the whites of your eyes yet,but they are a sign of liver issues. Idk about anyone else but at one stage a few years back I noticed I had developed bit of a weird odour, these too have disappeared. It is quite liberating not looking for your next chemist to get a supply.

I am saving so much on pills,fuel and my general wellbeing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.