Nuropathy In Feet & Legs

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was perscribed Lyrica and have been taking 225 MG twice a day. It works for me.

I believe there are horrid side affects if you decide that you no longer want to take it. I ran out and 3 days without. OMG I was so sick. But I would consider it a sudden stop vs a Taper

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi When you ran out of lyrica did you mean that you felt sick?
  • Posted

Hi it most certainly does sound like the result of a sudden stop,as this can cause all sorts of side effects as well as making the pain in your feet and legs appear worse. Did you want to come off these tablets, if so, go back to dr who will help you on a reduction level so that the side effects areless of a problem. Good luck.
  • Posted

You just stop a drug you have been taken the body is use it

Every drug has side effects no matter what you take

Always ask a doctor about stopping or taper off unless you want to be seriously sick

Lidocaine patches cause no side effects only a tiny rash on the feet

Order the meds before you run out then you be sick

• Posted

My husband tried Gabapentin, Amitriptyline and then finally Lyrica.  None of them  helped very much, but he simply had to come off Lyrica because of dreadful side effects.  He was stumbling around and very off balance and basically couldn't think straight.  It took ages to get it out of his system and he had some terrible withdrawal symptoms that made him feel ill for months.  It is such a strong drug and you do have to come off it slowly.  Please don't just stop, you have to gradually cut it down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.