O H ASSESSMENT

Posted , 5 users are following.

OK ive said it before i was bullied, humiliated at work back in november 2014, ive been signed of since with agitated depression and anxiety. In march 2015 my employer arranged OH assessment the outcome was they couldnt put time frame on when i could go back to work. Ive been seeing a councelor CBT hasnt been  as affective as therapist and dr thought and when i saw my doctor on friday he said hes refereing me to a phyciatrist. Today i get an unexpected call from OH  saying a review has been arranged for me on the 15th july, i advised i didnt know anything about it and was told my line manager should have advised me, waiting to hear about p i p assessment and esa assessment also, what do you think should i be forced to go to OH assessment ? after all my doctor has signed me off for another 2 mths saying not fit to work. thanks for any advice.

jayne

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello jayne,

I think you should ask OH for the appointment in writing (or email) so that you can prove your line mgr did not tell you about it. Please keep a note of times and dates of evrything. Usually a mgr who is a bully does not keep details and you will be in a position of relative control if you do. Plus you should probably take the situation to a tribunal. They are usually supportive. Also a good idea to speak with yr GP who might sign you off in conjunction with OH. It would be good if you can muster the strength to find a better job as the stress you must be under will be intense. Good luck. Try to do something non-work related in the meantime.

• Posted

hi thankyou, O H have sent by email, this is 2nd O H assessment they gave advice on changes that needed to be made to allow me to return to work after the first assessment, but  nothings been done, the thing is it wasnt the line manager who did the bulling etc , it was another memember of staff that was more important than me so things were just swept under the carpet dont know if i want to go back just want to get better. dr has had me signed off since  november and when i saw him friday he signed me of for 2 more mths and refered me to phyciatrist do you think O H will take note of this or make up their own minds. many thanks for your reply best regards

jayne

• Posted

Yes Jayne, OH will definitely take into consideration your GP's advice and my manager never informed me for my second appointment, the first time I had to give permission to say I would attend, however it is your managers responsibility to refer you to OH if you have mental health problems.

this appointment is probably a follow up from your first appointment to see if there is any progression. You need to inform them of your medication as if this has been increased to help you this takes 4 weeks to get in too your system. I would look for another job whilst you are off work. If you do return it could happen again and if you say the issues are being brushed under the carpet then you are banging your head against a brick wall. There are some vile jealous people about and that's probably what it's all about, the person is jealous of you as you are probably a better worker than they are, so they try to get you in trouble or bully you so you feel so uncomfortable. However if it was me I would definitely go back with a big smile on my face so it shows they haven't beat me. That is easy to say but it would show great strength and courage from you. Just keep your pecker up and don't let the bast...s grind you down any more. Stay positive Jayne. Good Luck, Dimples. X

• Posted

Hi Jayne, I would attend OH, my experience many times as they are on your side and not the employers. Explain the issues you had at work and the support you have from your GP, councillor and your future appointment with a psychiatrist, they will do a full report to your employers explaining you are not fit for work. Go for the PIP as it is not means tested and you can get this if you are working or not, however the ESA you can get this if your SSP has finished at work. Good luck Jayne.
    • Posted

thankyou for your advice, i was in a bad enough way when i had the first O H assessment, you hear so many stories about different assessments its hard to know what to believe , i never realise O H  were on the side of the employee i thought they acted for the employer to GET YOU BACK TO WORK. SSP  ended on 2nd june i got the letter last friday , but my employer hadnt notified me  so now got to wait to see how long got to wait to get anything.

many thanks for you reply quite helpful x

• Posted

Hi Jjayne in regard to time span of getting ESA, I waited two weeks, I just needed to send in proof of my SSP ending which is a form called SSP1 your employer can download this from the DWP website. As soon as I sent this in, I rang DWP a and they said they had received it along with my doctors sick note. I received a payment the same day. Good luck. Dimples. X
    • Posted

thankyou for that, i got letter last wed or thursday phoned them they took details over the phone and just told me to send sick note to them which i did sat as saw dr fiday night. havent heard a word but hey tis on a week. keep you posted many thanks jayne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.