Obsessing over Deja Vu attacks...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, a little background about me, I was diagnosed with anxiety (w/ depersonalization/derealization), pure O OCD, and minor depression. I've always had them since I was little, I just never paid attention, not till 3 months ago when I was so stressed out and it got really bad.

From being a hypochondriac and obsessively googling, I ran across this page of people who experienced intense dejavus followed by really sick feeling in their stomachs and it goes away within seconds. It made my jaw dropped cuz this used to happen to me when I was like 11, lasted for a week and I remember the very last attack I had, I was able to control it by closing my eyes and focusing in my environment, since then it never came back. 

This page I came across was an epilepsy page which actually concerns me a lot because they mentioned how it comes back years later with grand mal seizures. It's been 5 years since I experienced the Dejavu attacks that only lasted for a week, never came back, still hasn't but now I can't stop thinking about the fact that I'm gonna have the attacks anytime and possibly have seizures right after, which I know is really unpleasant. 

I also heard dejavu attacks are common with panic disorder, I mean I have anxiety and it can be related to that, I'd rather take panic disorder over epilepsy. I can't seem to live comfortably now, thinking anything can happen to me anytime. It's crazy how it's been 5 years and I'm just now worrying about it.

Anyone have an idea what it really is, any advice? I'm really bad with self-diagnosing and I just do not know what to think right now.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm not too sure but anxiety attacks have been linked to non epileptic attacks so when a doctor sees a history of depression or anxiety, they automatically throw that diagnoses on you.

Now I'm not a doctor but I can tell you from experience that severe stress can cause seizure like symptoms. Mine are very random and can strike at any time. You could just be suffering from severe stress or holding in an emotion which you'be bottled up for years. Traumatic events can also worsen as you get older.

What really helped was taking up yoga. You don't have to actually go to a session (YouTube) but I would recommend you do. And what yoga does is relax and focus your mind. Give it a try for a few weeks and see how you go. But of course do see a doctor if you're worried.

Hope it helps.

• Posted

I was getting bad panic attacks and now get all kinds of sezuires. Well they changed my meds im on Depakote and a small dose of xanax. I havent gotten any panic attacks or sezuires since. Oh n since im a bipolar with depression and suffer from insomnia i take a couple of other meds. They finally found something that i wake up not scared to go to the bathroom, eatting way to good, and it seems my agoraphobia is going away. If u think any of this might help i can go more further in describing all my meds for different reasons
    • Posted

I'm so glad to hear! No you don't have to, I was just trying to help you.

Have a very nice day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.