Occipital Neuralgia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had no idea what Excruciating Pain was. Does Radio Frequency Ablation I the facet joint nerve work?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi AttyBand, I am waiting to have my facet joint radio frequency denervation repeated. I think this is the same as ablation where the nerve r are burnt away. I had this procedure on my lumbar and cervical joints and really was the best pain relief I have had. Cortisone injections seem to no longer work well for me. You only realise once the nerves finally grow back how excruciating the pain really is. For me, this procedure was very good.
    • Posted

Aww s***. Yes I've heard the nerves do grow back but that's not good if the pain is even worse than it was before
    • Posted

Wouldn't say it comes back worse, it's just you forget how bad the pain was. All you do is have the procedure repeated 😀
    • Posted

That's great. At this point the pain is so unbearable I can't even raise my head up. I'm desperate to get this procedure even though the doctor tells me that it may hurt even worse for the first two weeks or so
    • Posted

My pain was so severe before having the RFA done, that I felt instant relief after the procedure. The pain afterwards for the first 10 days was like sunburn but I could deal with that far better than the nerve and joint pain that I had before. I then had cervical denervation and am due my next lumbar procedure on 29th October. If it was that bad I doubt I would ask for the procedure to be repeated. I had my last 2 done on a Friday and went back to work both times on the Monday
    • Posted

I'm just praying that it really helps me as much as it did you
    • Posted

I hope it helps you too as I come telly understand the pain you are in. When are you having your procedure?
  • Posted

I had that done for almost 6 months, did not help made it worse, well I had to have a fusion done so the doctor try to fix the nerve in my back by cutting out and putting in new nerve from my side since they were taking bone graft from there, it didn't work neither fusion or nerve replacement or regrowth as they called it, its been 20 years and still in pain and now my last resource is the nevro senza which I'm getting permanently put in on Sept 24th all I am hoping that the pain goes away. Good luck...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.