Occiput Pressure, imbalance, weird sensation (very rare pain)

Posted , 3 users are following.

20 year old, Male

I have this pressure sensation in my Occiput, (back of the head, above nape of neck) a sort of discomfort 24/7, as if there's something there that shouldn't be. It is also accompanied by Dizziness/imbalance, falling sensations, falling backwards sensations, flying, rocking head, all originating from the Occiput. This makes walking difficult at times. Sometimes when I'm walking I can feel my body turning to one direction, not the head, just the body, even though it's not. At night when I'm trying to sleep it worsens tenfold and as I'm laying I feel like I'm falling or flying and the pressure sensation almost feels like crushing, I experience several "jerks" also originating from there until after an hour I finally sleep, I can feel strong pulse in the temple regions of my head too before sleeping. Yesterday I was in an elevator for a while and after getting off I could feel vigorous up and down senations at the back of my head for several minutes. There's no pain involved, it is but very rare - as in there comes a day once a month or once in 2-3 weeks that I experience pain in the Occiput. It goes away the next day after sleeping.

I think this causes anxiety/stress that causes other symptoms I get like heart palpitations, ectopic heartbeats(sometimes feels like a kick in the chest), shortness of breath, nausea at times, body tremors, rare chest pain. Or these might be associated with Acid Reflux/gerd, I have not been diagnosed with it but I think I have it since I experience a lot of burping, burps that bring particles back up my throat, burps that bring burning sensation in the ears, chest burn and constant weird noises from my abdomen at night.

Its been over a year since I'm going through all this, I had a Brain and also Cervical Spine MRI done back in July 2016 and they both came out clear. I had met ENT doctors during early 2016 and they couldn't find anything wrong. I haven't consulted any doctors since July.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What mg are you on? Are you on generic?(i mean are you on Citolopram?) How long have you been on this mg your on now?

All those important to put in posts so we know whats might be happing. It sounds like your just starting it. Its very strange. You may have a variety of symptoms. Bowel symptoms ( loose), stomach nausea, appetite changes, dizzy maybe, feeling wierd. Like your not there. These might be alleviated if you try taking at night after eating an rt before bed. If insomnia, try unisom. No interactions but check with pharmacist. Im on day 20 on 20mg. Rt now my anxiety has increased in ladt wk really. Its hard. I see a psychiatrist an dx with depression and GAD. A therapist is a good idea if you can. I was going to one but funds got short in our house. My husband is self employed an not busy. Scary. Im married with 2 teen sons. Im 48. Entered menopause at 46. Came off Tramadol, afyer using it for 8 yrs, an then depression hit hard. Still trying. On 7th med. Let us all know your info an goodluck!

God bless fr USA

✌Zio

• Posted

Did the depression come only after tramadol withdrawal or had you been depressed before?
    • Posted

I think I had depression an definitely Anxiety (as a child) but depression since our daughter died in 2000. I started Tramadol after a tibial stress fracture in 2005 (?). I realized "Hey, I feel better on this!" Back then was told it wasnt addicting! What a joke. It is VERY addictive. It increases Seratonin an norepinephrine in brain plus helps pain. But it made me feel like a wt was lifted. Not high or druggy. I took it off an on since. Then in 2013 got bad 20 a day, getting off Internet (300$) usa. Finally in May 2014 consequences made it to where I had to get off thru detox facility for 5 days. Then thats when my long drawn out still going battle with 7 meds now started. Menopause didnt help. Its bad. On wk 6 of 20mg Citolopram. Been bawling all day. Still feel blah an tired. Take at night. I dont know if I want to continue with this drug. I have tons of stress an things Im responsible for an cant do it if I just want to eat an lay down all time!. Care giver to my elderly parent's (81) an 2 teen sons. Financial issues on top. How can I get a job an be sleepy all day! An blah. Not happy. But whats next? Im getting down about it all. Thats my story. Goodluck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.