Occupational Therapy Visit.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys,

I'm 4half mths p.o.. I'm still off work, and been sent a letter to go to occupational therapy. It really makes you feel bad, as if you are lying to them. My hip is healing well. It's my foot and heel that is sore. Still swollen (most days) I had few hectic days it was my birthday so out with daughters then hubby took me out for meal (all walking) I had to sit most of yesterday, as foot had come up. I've seen doctor about it. He said it can take up to 12 mths to get back to normal😧 I wish I was feeling good enough to go bk to work. Going away on holiday next wk (Already canceled one because of my op) I will end up with mobility scooter to get about. No long walks for me. At least I'll have a pool every day for exercise.

Take care, happy healing to you all.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck Brenda, As we know all heal differetly, I see some walking 4 miles a month out and think " I am a looser" but we are all different and heck I would never walk 4 miles before my hip gave out, maybe 3 on a treadmill 10 years ago or on the street 30 years ago.

Enjoy your holiday! 

• Posted

Thanks Annette, hope the occupational therapist see it that way ha xx
  • Posted

Hi there we have been through such a big op

my Doctor said to me your not going to get

over this in6 to 10 weeks it takes 18 month to getto how things should be.

I was worried about getting back to work in 12

weeks(I'm 9post now) but I feel we have come

such a way if I'm not ready or leg not strong

enough I shan't go back to undo all the hard

work I've done suffered to many years before op

Anyway I wish you well hugs xxx😄

• Posted

Yes Anna, I've got to think of me, before my job. Hope you are recovering well xx

• Posted

Dont worry. Its not an easy recovery. Im just over 5 months and am in a worse condition than i was before the surgery, my mobility is even more limited and pain is 10x worse. You will get there eventually. Stay strong x
    • Posted

Hi Sarah1996,  sorry to hear you are worse off after surgery.  Did something go wrong & how come your pain is 10x worse now.

Hope you improve soon

• Posted

As far as im aware the surgery went well. Iv no idea why, iv always had severe chronic back and knee pain due to the knock on effects of my hips, but since tbe surgery those have both got worse, especially my back, but even the hip pain is still there with a vengence. Its very odd
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you're not doing to well. As everyone says, we all heal differently. I hope your healing starts soon xx

• Posted

Thankyou hun, its just life before the surgery all over again so nothing im not used to. But i hope things start looking up for you too soon xx
    • Posted

Could it be a pinched nerve from your back?  I had those issues even before hip surgery and I'm sure I could use another adjustment from my chiropractor but my doc says not till 6-8 weeks po. 

• Posted

Im unsure. I had a curved spine before the surgery so perhaps its that getting worse x
    • Posted

I also have a curved spine but my pinched nerve was caused by bulging discs. I try to sit straight but need an adjustment every now and then. Been doing that for at least 10 years and sure does help and without meds too 
    • Posted

Sounds a lot like me. I cant sit straight without agony. How did they resolve the pinched nerve issue?
    • Posted

The chiropractor adjusted my back. I would go about 3-4 times and would have relief for 9-10 months. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.