Octasa and weigh gain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have been taking 6 x Octasa everyday for about a year now and have been putting on weight but I can't seem to shift it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Having a flare up at the moment 😦

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i have been changed from asacol to octasa and i seem to be putting weight on as well it's been about 4-6 months maybe it is the pills i only take 3 a day.

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying. Yes I was on asacollection before too but did not think they worked very well. Can I ask do you have any problems with your diet now you are on Octasa?
    • Posted

I have more fat on my belly and I have not eaten more I don't think are you the same?

• Posted

i am still eating the same but seem to have put more weight on i did not think of the octasa doing this until i read your post.
    • Posted

Hi yes I have been eating normally and putting on more weigh. Even on tablets I have trouble eating certain things - peppers, mushrooms and other healthy foods. Hopefully my tabletson will be reduced in October on my next appointment. I had to start taking vitamin do and calcium tablets since taking Octasa.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.