Odd Side Effects

Posted , 7 users are following.

I found that for the first two days i was taking these pills i was i was having side effects like switching between tired and angry to hyperactive and unable to concentrate on anything, dizziness, tastes like im sucking on coins and the weirdest being an INCREASE in my sex drive. Four days throught now and the only side effect that has let up is the dizziness. I have also been really thirsty but im think thats to be expected with most medications like this. I have also found myself a bit forget full and have a bit of trouble taking in information, can't remember things a read 5 minutes before

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm SO pleased that you've posted this! I came off them last week but I feel absolutely terrible STILL! I still feel dizzy, really tired, sick and horrible mood swings! Would love to know how you're doing and if you've had the same problems after the course has finished?

Thanks,

Claire

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm so glad I found this forum! OHH MY GOODNESS! This medication as been nothing but a living HELL! I have anxiety problems as is and to feel all these side effects with this medication sure isn't helping any!

Last night was my last night on it, but still on another antibiotic, so not sure when I'll feel better. But soon after started, one weird thing I felt was a numbness in my face but it was only in certain parts, but that went away, but I had that coin taste in my mouth all day, more anxiety, can't focus on anything, feeling sick, tired, my moods change, its just hell. I'm glad I'm not alone smile

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know this is an old post, but did the side effects go away? I took that medication 3 months ago and still suffering from anxiety and occasionally numbness in my face! Your post has given me such hope because I really thought I was losing it mentally! I so hope this will go away eventually!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm one week down the track from finishing taking Metronidazole and I'm still getting the 'sucking a penny' side effect. It's only since finding this forum that I've realized that's what it is. I really don't want to take it again. The double vision makes driving unsafe. There's the disorientation too - I can only describe it as slippages in logic. Can't prove this was down to the drug but I met someone I know well but hadn't seen for a couple of months and completely misidentified them for five minutes. They now thinks I'm a nutter! having said all that, half a pot of bio-active yoghurt a day helps a lot to amelioate some of the side-effects.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Can anyone tell me how long the side effects last? I just finished taking this medication and I'd really like to know how long I'm going to suffer from the loopiness and intense mood swings.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'd like to know too! I am 8 days from taking the last tablet. I was soooo sick on it!!! Incredible nausea, body aches, slept for 12 hours a day and got dizzy if I stood up for more than 15 minutes, had to take the week off work! I assumed 48 hours after the last tablet I would be feeling better, but noooo! I have been felling somewhat better since I stopped, and everyday I get some improvement but holy crap - the nausea, fatigue and sense of not really being aware of much sucks!! Would never take this antibiotic again!
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up