Odd unbalanced head feelings

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi i'm new here and would like to know if anybody else has off balance feelings especially after bending over or lying down  sometimes with a dull headache and sometimes it lasts longer than a day.and can be noticable  after driving.    Thankyou

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have it too. To the point i have to take a break n jus lay down until it pass
    • Posted

Its very strange. I have blood work next week so see if that reveals anything. Thankyou Shannon i hope you improve soon.
    • Posted

Hi there, feeling dizzy when you bend down is quite normal. Fresh oxygenated blood is pumped out of the heart and is sent to the tissues and other major organs of the body, especially the brain. Bending can send a lot of this very oxygenated blood to the brain but it does not know what to do with it all. The condition is called hyperpoxia. (too much oxygen in the brain) This causes dizzyness and nausea. Also if it happens for days at a time then you could be suffering from infection of the labirinth (semicircular canals) They have little hairs that move in special fluid as we walk that keeps our body balanced and stops us from falling over. You have also said that it happens when you lay down. The room spins around giving you strange feelings of vertigo. This could be caused by Meniere's disease. Talk to your GP there are so many things that could cause such a problem. I just mentioned a few. Good luck and best regards Peter.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Peter. I have been to an ENT surgeon and tests were normal, romberg, cranial nerve, hearing etc. Its not menieres as my hearing is fine and no tinnitus. I did have a riding accident so he concluded i may have cervicogenical dizziness but i am not convinced. I don't spin just weird off balance sensations with movement. I heard bppv could be possible but i don't spin so I'm not sure..its very confusing!
  • Posted

Dehydration and not enough moving about can cause blood pressure changes. Eating lots of sugar and high carb diet will also mess with your body. I had this and actually with a healthy balanced diet and walking a lot calmed it down. Always good to get a check up and a good eye exam to be sure all is good. Balance can be effected by sinus, ears and eyes and blood pressure.
    • Posted

Good advice lisalisa. Don't forget deep muscle relaxation and breathing excersises.Peter.biggrin
    • Posted

That is good advice Lisa but unfortunately the doctors don't always know and that scares me.

A person told me to try Rescue Remedy for panic. What do you think?

I'm not a great believer in herbal remedies only a few.

• Posted

Hi Lisa, yes i have been trying to drink more water, i have at least a litre a day and this does make me feel better. I also eat well, fish, veg flaxseed etc but i do have a,sweet tooth, i have a blueberry muffin everyday😊 but i don't smoke, don't drink so its sought of something to look forward to. I have horses and dogs so I'm outdoors alot but i have slowed down these last few months as I've been quite depressed as I've become overwhelmed with caring for the horses. I rescued 3 with the intention of finding them new homes but i worry they will be ill treated again so i still have them. Its something i need to confront and deal with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.