Oddly the best thing to happen to me.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Having an acute pancreatitus attack was probably the best thing to happen to me.

I was unhealthy, not an alcoholic but I did drink to much beer, ate horribly and didn't exercise.

The fear of turning it to chronic pancreatitus has completely changed my life.

I'm healthy, dont drink, eat properly and I exercise. I'm down 50 pounds, I look better and am mentally in a healthy place. Also i am able to be the proper father my 2 daughters deserve.

Before my outlook on life wasn't bad but it wasn't anything great either.

Now I wake up refreshed and excited about starting the day and look forward to what life will bring.

It's been a couple years since my attack and I'm not naive, I know it can happen again at any time, but for me personally it has put me in a better place in life.

It's all about perspective

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What a fantastic attitude. You're absolutely right. My pancreatitus came on suddenly in May and has gone straight to chronic but Imbtrying to think and act the same as you. I was pretty healthy before so it was just bad luck but I truly believe being really strict about hydration and diet plus exercise has kept things low key. It's not a matter of what I've lost but what I can gain. Keep it up!

• Posted

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry to hear about the hand you were dealt and I know it can be hard to put on a brave and positive face everyday, but it sounds like you have the right attitude and thats 3/4 of battle.

I'm sending positive thoughts and good vibes your way! 👍

• Posted

Hi GeeQue I'm really pleased you turned your life around.Unfortunately I let my illness progress without telling any doctor for 8years of any problems.I was trying to protect my lover ones.Now after last year admitted to hospital with pneumonia secondry to Chronic Pancreatitis I realised that the damage was done.I was alcohol dependent using alcohol as a crutch through out my life.I aalso suffer with mental health issues and for me it was my answer.I realize I am going to die there are no excuses but plenty of reasons. I'm 48 November 17 th and am surprised I'm still here.But on CREON and morphine sulphate plus oramorph but thecondition is truly debilitating. Well done you for nipping it in the bud.I had no idea just knew I was ill first attack 4months before I just lay alone in my bed for four days not wanting to be a bother especially cause uproar of which it did in the end.I have only the support of my ex-boyfriend of which we have been so much together he is 21years older than me and has had heart problems.Yet he is taking care of me at moment as I have recently had shoulder op.I accept everything now but I wish my life had been so different. Please take care of you your doing so well😀👍

• Posted

Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I couldn't imagine what it's like for you and trying to face each day going through that.

I'm not an extremely religious person but I do believe in the power of positive thinking and love, so I hope you don't mind if I say a prayer for you.

And take it whatever way you like, weather I'm praying to "God" for you or hoping for comfort for you, or just sending good vibes your way.

Basically I just want you know that someone is thinking about you and wishing you you the best. (even if it is a complete stranger from the internet!)

Please take care and Happy early birthday! ?

• Posted

Thankyou Gee Que you don't know how much your words mean to me .I try to remain positive but the pain can be overwhelming sometimes especially when I'm trying to get on with life doing the most normal daily tasks .But you must remember there is no time for self pity I bought this on myself.I have no tears for that just the pain sonetimes .Its nice to be able to share now,I was so alone with this abd certainly dont like to put on my friend.So its nice to know someone cares even if its you a stranger from the internet lol😂Means the world to me and I pray for your health too may you love a long and happy life 😀

Cheers for my Birthday being a happy one GeeQue 👋?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.