Oestrogen cream

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have got oestrogen vagina cream and none oestrogen vaginal cream from the Doc.  I have been using none for a week or so and this seems to have eased raw feeling and also some bladder irritation.  I have read the oestrogen cream leaflet and it has scared me a bit with some of the risks but the bladder problems including some leaking is really getting me down.  I particularly worry about cancer of the lining of the womb as had a bit of a scare a couple of weeks ago but after discussion with the Doc no follow required at the moment,  Is anyone else using either cream?  Can you use the oestrogen cream maybe only when symptoms are worse or maybe use every other day for two weeks rather than every day.  Just scared but a bit deperate too to feel better.  Thanks in anticipation of some support.XXX

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi margaret 

i use it, i use Ovestin Estriol vaginal ovules, and ovestin vaginal cream on outer bits 

twice a week ..

i split my ovules and only use half twice a week ..

never used HRT .. only this as it treats the bits that cause dryness, i get on with it and its improved things for me ..

jay x

• Posted

HI Jay I have been given pessiers of Estradiol 10mg.  I have just used one and will use every other day for a week, so about 4 tablets a week and seeif that makes a difference. Ithink will also use the none oestrogen cream inbetween.  It is really difficult to decide.....but I really am not happy with the full dose...at the moment anyway.  However, it is a low dose and it is not the same as HRT; although HRT has it's place too and I would not rule that out either.XX
    • Posted

Hi Margaret 

Still not sure which your using .. 

I was really suffering with the ' sitting on a hedgehog feeling' and my gyno mentioned vaginal atrophy when he did my well woman check, i also was having a sensitive feeling of the bladder, and he suggested a little estrogen vaginal cream, its suppose to just treat that, locally not full body, mine is so soothing as its an ovule and melts and soothes, its not Estradiol, mines Estriol the weaker one, 

i first used just the vaginal cream ovestin, was also told to rub a tiny bit in the outer  bits especally around the vaginal entrance to plump and help the thinning skin, and it works, i just use the ovestin estriol cream for the outer bits, it can be used internally too, but i prefer the ovestin vaginal ovules they are soooo soothing and not messy.. I cut in half while they are still in the blister wrapper or otherwise they split and fall apart.. 

i am post meno no hrt and this was my only issue, and couldnt manage with out it, also i have a very mild uterine prolapse so it helps that too.

the general info sheets tend to discuss estrogen in full as if its taken orally aswell, where this isnt, its just locally for this problem.. not suppose to interfere with the uterine wall etc.. just helps inside vagina for the thinning dryness and also helps keep the sensitive bladder issues at bay, it works well for me, ' i am sure you can relate to all this horrible feeling' it gets you down, so a little help is what we need.. Think you have to suffer it to understand it dont you..

i have used the non hormonal premeno duo ovules too from stress no more uk site they are good too, inbetween .. Again i split them in half too 😊

good luck.. 

Jay x

• Posted

Thanks...it is the ovules of the above oestrogen medication I have started to use and going to use every other day. My bladder is more about sensitivity and some leaking if I am very active.  Some rawness too on the inside of my vagina.  The none oestrogen cream helps with that but not that great with the bladder issue.  Just trial and error I think.....oh what a time we all have with this but got to get on.  Thanks again.XXX
  • Posted

I have estrogen cream but I don't use it and I don't think I'm going to use it because of the side effects estrogen cream is like HRTs and I am against it because for one I am diabetic, 2. blood pressure problems 3. I'm on other medications for anxiety, trazodone for sleep, thyroid pill for low thyroid, and my metformin for diabetes

• Posted

Hi 

well if your not happy to use it then you must follow your heart, and do what ever is right for you personally. 

Jay 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.