of mert ...been put on citroplam 20mg...got given 7days worth starttomorrowo

Posted , 2 users are following.

At least no heavy sadation and those dreams gone ..what in store on the citroplam 20mg

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi jillian

Doesn't add up in my humble opinion, although you don't say how long you were on Mirt or what dose you were on.  Mirt' requires a slow withdrawal usually, as the wd effects otherwise can affect anxiety levels greatly.  Did your doctor tell you to cold turky?

Best wishes to you.

• Posted

Hi Jillian, 

I assume that you havent been on Mirt for long, otherwise it would be smart to slowly reduce the dose of Mirt while adding Celexa (Citalopram) slowly, starting with a lower dosage and then working up to the so called "therapeutical dosage". 

Often changes are made after 1 week, if the patient doesnt experience massive side effects. 

That's at least what my doc did. 10 mg as a start and then 20 mg and now 30 mg of Vortioxetine (Trintellix). 

I had been on Mirt for about 6 weeks at 15 mg and stopped taking Mirt one night and exchanged it directly with TRintellix, which worked very well. 

This is what they are saying online: 

- It may take 4 weeks or longer before your symptoms improve. Keep using the medication as directed and tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 4 weeks of treatment.

Common citalopram side effects may include:

drowsiness, dizziness, weakness;

anxiety, feeling shaky, sleep problems (insomnia);

vision changes;

nausea, loss of appetite, diarrhea, constipation;

dry mouth, yawning;

cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat, cough;

increased sweating;

changes in weight.

If I were you, I would journal a few times a day how you feel. This way you can look back after a week and see if you feel better, worse, if you have side effects and if they have gotten better. 

It'll help you when you have your next appointment with your doc to see if Celexa helps you or if you need something different. 

• Posted

I didnt take the dosage ..of 20mg of citalopram ..I was so scared..after been on mirt for 9days it made me like a zombie ..been back to dr and he is starting me of on 5mg of citalopram as am sensitive to big dosages ..then working my way up to ten mg ..juzt wont to better again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.