Off Balance almost dizzy.. 3 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! I've had BP for 3 weeks today. Started out with an awful earache then my face went numb. I took 5 days of steriods and after 2 weeks and my first accupuncture treatment thankfull the pain went away... however I am left with the feeling of being very off balace, almost dizzy. Anyone else have this problem? I have started getting alot of tingles around my eye and mouth so I want to think I am getting better, but with being off balance it scares me I am not. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I got prescribed 5 days of steroids.

I had a tingly feeling all around my face the first couple of days. My face then felt bruised but now all the feelings have stopped. Stsrting to have an earlike pain.

I am considering doing a facial massage or acupuncture. Not sure which one is better.

• Posted

accupuncture is amazing! I have been 5 times now. I really has helped me I think. The pain is gone! And it was awful, kept me up all night. I feel it has also loosened my face up a little. It is worth trying!
    • Posted

I'll look into it!

Wishing you the best recovery and have a good Christmas. I've learned the mirror isn't my best friend right now!

• Posted

So... I am 99% sure I actually had Ramsey Hunt syndrome.. which is shingles.. because my 9 year old woke up with CHICKEN POX yesterday! That would explain my dizzy off balance self, it is a huge sign of RHS. So.. When I went to the doc she only gave me steriods because I didn't have a rash.. in fact I only had 1 sore on my ear and I honestly thought that was beacause I had used the heating pad and it caused a pimple.. but I would say that was enough to give my son chicken pox. Good news he is out for Christmas break anyways so he won't have to miss school.

I am feeling better! Still no movement , BUT I haven't been dizzy in 2 days. 

• Posted

Glad you discovered what caused you dizziness!

It is day 14 for me. Still not movement on my eye, smile or eyebrow. Thought I would have a fast recovery but guess not.

It is unfortunate that Christmas is here and I won't be in pictures.

Still praying for some movement.

Enjoy your holidays!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.