Off Birth Control- No More Cysts

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just wanted to share this because Ovarian Cysts are something I struggled w/ for years. My family history shows many reproductive issues from endo, miscarriages, hysterectomies, etc. Anyway, I had been on Birth Control (BC) for years, 10 plus, for the past 4-5 years I have had ovarian cysts, varying in size, usually complex or "not clear". Suffering w/ pain and cramping. I was lucky to never have had to operate, they were right on the border, I chose to wait it out, and every time they cleared up, only to have another the next cycle. We tried a few different types of BC in attempts to control them, but I was left with more problems, migraines, emotional issues, etc.  Eventually I decided to come off BC all together. The first month or two - I had break outs, decreased breast size, some emotional fluctuations, but after than I got back to normal, and guess what Not 1 cyst since- in 8 months so far? I find that interesting. Anyway just wanted to share that sometimes BC is not the only answer, do what you feel is right for your body.

Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I believe anything unnatural should not be put into our bodies as much as we can control.  My doctor recommended BC and I refused.

Thanks for sharing!

• Posted

That's very interesting heather. Birth control, hrt steroids and other hormone drugs can cause excess estrogen. The liver which is our filtering system cannot handle the excess estrogen which then has to go somewhere and we end up with cysts, fibroids and gallbladder problems to name but a few! I'm glad to hear your off birth control. You need to detox your liver now to get rid of any remaining excess hormones.i would suggest taking milk thistle which will cleanse the liver and balance the hormones. There are so many women now suffering from all these problems and a lot of the time it's down to these hormone drugs. Was on a hormone drug for a few years and in the last year have had my gallbladder removed, a fibroid and a large cyst on my ovary!! X
  • Posted

With my experience, I started getting cysts when I stopped my birth control

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.