Oh dear

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive just been told by my neurologist that my saliva glands have shrunk, what do I do now ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I know that only too well Maureen. Mine are beyond repair. It's interesting that a neurologist noticed this, do you have POTS or peripheral neuropathy as part of your Sjogren's? Have you seen a rheumatologist as Sjogren's comes under rheumatology, even if you have JHS like me! If you live in the UK I suggest you ring the BSSA the charity and if you would like to join FB I run a Sjogren's group on FB called British Sjogren's I am Pam Newman. The BSSA will be on the Internet, if you decide to join they have local groups and an annual conference
  • Posted

Hi Maureen, I underwent a procedure to try to widen mine and open up blockages. Do you feel the shrinking has affected their functioning?
    • Posted

Hi Shira,thank you for your reply, I have no saliva glands left, I just keeping water and chewing gum, I chew my food very slowly. But s/s

seems to be one of those things that you have to grin and bear!Ā 

Best of luck. šŸ€

• Posted

Are you referring to the main salivary glands (parotid glands)? I understand we have many different ones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.