Oil every time no matter what i eat!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, I am on my 4th week of Orlistat.

I have noticed no matter what I eat I always have oil when I go to the loo. It used to be a bright yellow but now it’s gone a dark orange. 

For instants last night I had a small portion of poached salmon, asparagus, green beans and salad (no dressing) and yet when I went to the loo this morning it was practically all oil.

I do not understand where I am going wrong, I’m trying to be strict with myself, I don’t snack anymore and I’m eating tons more fruit, but I have hardly lost any weight at all.

Why is nothing happening weight wise?   

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was the same. I always had oily discharges. I wouldn't worry too much because the oil/fat is leaving your body rather than being stored. Don't forget although salmon is a healthy fish, it's still fairly oily. I personally found smoked haddock was less likely to give you oily motions. Keep up the good work.
  • Posted

Hi cinigum, do you stick to the 5g per 100g fat rule? Only that when I've looked at salmon it is quite high in fat so could be why you had the oil this morning. 
  • Posted

Thanks for both your replies, I am awful when it comes to measuring stuff out but I’m trying to stick to a vegetarian diet that a friend recommended to me.

Generally I would say I am sticking to a max 15g of fat per meal.

I was told I don’t need to take oralstat when I eat things like salad but I still will if I have dressing just in case. Is that why I am going wrong? Should I be taking them all the time? 

• Posted

I take them all the time cos there is always some fat in my meals but you don't need to take them if you have a completely fat free diet. 

I think the issue is that you need to check your food labels and stick to each item having no more than 5g fat per 100g of that food. Salmon has about 13g of fat at least per 100g so it's well over and why you got the oil. If you stick to that rule it doesn't matter how much you have as such as long as you stay under the 15g of fat total per meal. 

I find myfitnesspal helps me keep track. I know how much fat I'm having per meal and also I keep my calories under 1500 per day. 

Also, are you doing exercise? That will definitely help. You need to eat or burn 3500 calories less than you need over a week to lose 1lb of fat. 

• Posted

Thanks for the app suggestion I will try it out.

As for exercise I have mostly been walking, I was signed up to docspot by my doctor but as its been over 3 weeks since I got a reply and it still hasn't started yet.

Maybe that is it! Maybe I just need to exercise more, its just difficult as im working full time.

• Posted

Hi hun dont despair!! Ive been on them 3 months and never had any oil or leakage until this last week its awful when it happens i stick to 5gms of fat per 100gms im very careful but i now know where i went wrong.... I was eating to much grilled chicken!! I did not know it contained much more fat then 5gms per 100gms that was one thing i did not check!! As i thought fresh chicken breast fillet grilled on my lean machine was good for you but no!! Ive now substituted it for turkey much leaner and less fat!! Salmon very goid for you omega 3 great but far too oily i would miss that one out even tho health benefits are very good its fat content is very high x try grilled prawns instead much less fat or steamed white fish john west do packets of mackeral in lime and chilli or honey and baraque there gorgeous with a plain jacket potatoe and salad lots of protien too its the little things we thing are healthy and low fat but they dont go well with these tablets as the fat content is over 5gms per 109 hope that helps a bit goid luck in your loss xxx
    • Posted

Sorry my misprint that was supposed to say over 5gms per 100 not 109 lol xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.