Olanazapine withdrawl

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone my name is Kristine,I got off olanzapine cold turkey back in April,and I am still very much suffering,any idea when this might end??? I took this medicine for about 6-8 months as a prn then I started taking it more often,I need some support as I feel suicidal and I feel so depressed,on top of that I am currently slowly tapering quetiapine which is just a tiny bit under 50mgs,I am currently on carbamazapine a small dose and remerin 15 MG's,I also was cold turkeyed off klonopin 8 years ago after 16 years of being on it and never really recovered from that,but I managed before I got off olanzapine,now I can't function at all,and reassurance would be great,as I feel like death right about now! sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Maybe a pharmacist can sort through your meds with you. Take a look at your old meds and new meds and how they are different or better. You Need medicines you can trust long term
  • Posted

You should not be suffering physical symptoms from this drug.

This is an antipsychotic....not a narcotic.

It is psychological withdrawal..NOT TO MINIMIZE it....Because i thought i was physcially suffering from withdrawal from an antipsychotic..and was told by Dr...its not possible to still be suffering after 2 weeks!

After I was TOLD that....I felt better.

But, you do sound like you need something for anxiety (like me)...have you tried any herbal remedies?

• Posted

Don't listen to what the doctors say,they don't know shot about withdrawals,I been through enough of them to know,2 weeks??? I wish!

• Posted

I haven't tried any herbal remedies,lately,they only make things worse for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.