Old bleph fix failing

Posted , 5 users are following.

I used to swear by  a daily shower using Capasal as a shampoo and face face, rinse well, especially around the eyes, this kept the dreaded bleph away for over a year, it has returned in the outer corner of my left lower lid, yesterday, the upper lid of the same eye was red and swollen.  Nothing in my routine has changed why is it back?  I have some metronidazole but I'm not convinced that helped. This is getting me down what with all my other problems.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi David01026

I used the Capasal Herbal shampoo also and have jus stopped using it as my eyes got really bad, I have also just finished a course of the Doxycyline and have used olive oil with a few drops of tea tree oil in which worked ok but not great.  I realised my eyes are worse on the cmputr.....iphone...ipad and watching the TV.  I bought a pair of "Comsafe" clear lense glasses (for computer use) to watch the TV with and it has made a huge difference, not sure if it was a combination with the doxycycline as well but I will find out as the doxycycline is finished.  I am off to the opticians on Friday and will ask if I can have the anti reflective/UV put onto my glasses for using the compuiter and will see if it works.  I still get crustiness and red swelling lids but not as bad as it has been ...it was really really bad....just a few tips that I use may help you or others reading this post.

I do hope you get sorted with something and it doesnt flare back up...xx

• Posted

I woke up two days ago with the start of a slight flare and just like you I hadn't made any changes to my routine. However, when I was out and about I saw the dreaded yellow pollen around. I had the house windows open a bit as well. So I think allergies are the current trigger for me.

In addition to my daily routine with OcuSoft PLUS lid wipes used on my lash lines I started washing my face more often during the day and used more eye drops to flush things out a bit. Changing pillow cases every other day. It seems to be working. Think about what your triggers might be and see if you can slow things down with your current flare. Stay with it - it's not fun but it is doable.

• Posted

Sounds like maybe yOur original bleph responded to the treatment you found but now that cause is no longer the principal prob. Bleph is bacteria and pme you are prone to it it will recur from other diurces ... You forget mot to touch your eues .. After wrestñing with this and teying Everything, i top got complasant and it cme back gangbusters. Rightnow what is really working is A Single Drop Of Tea Tree Oil In A Dime sized squirt of BABY Johnsons Baby Shampoo. Wet first wash with the concoction closed eyes of course gentle lid massage quick thorough wash off and pat dry eith super clean towel or ise fresh paper towel. Gentle moisturizer so you dont dry put your complexsion. Twice a day to get a hamdle on this again then once a day where i am now

Good Luck

• Posted

Youare to wash entire face eith the tto and baby shampoo. Bacteria is crawling all over you face and brows if its come back

You can do this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.