OMG hfmd is so painful i don't know what to do with my self

Posted , 3 users are following.

can someone tell me why my tongue looks so disgusting like covered in a white/yellow coating.  My whole body hurts,my feet itch constantly.  my lips are so swolen i cant shut my mouth and am constantly dribling.  I look like i have got trout pout till u look close and see that my lower lip which sticks out is covered in blisters or ulcers.  I cant drink, just enough not to get dehydrated i think.  I have not eaten for 5 days.  My Dr told me i was feeling sorry formyself, well I am but i want to know what to do!

Can someone please help or shall i go to A & E

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your dr sounds awful. Honestly the healing meditation I listened to while laying with my hands between a large ice pack helped to calm me. I found it on you tube and put headphones in.

The first few days were the worst. I swished with very diluted hydrogen peroxide , but I can't say if it's safe for you to do so. 

Maybe try gargling with Luke warm salt water. My mouth was never so bad, so I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe go to a new doctor for a second opinion. If anyone had told me I was feeling sorry for myself when it was at it's worse, I would have slapped them. My nose had the little yellow scabs for a few days and it eventually went away.

hang in there.

• Posted

Thanks for your support.  In the end I went to A & E and I was taken seriously and having come Friday and put in a room on my own I private r
    • Posted

Hi Cathie:  Do you remember the youtube video that you listened to?  I know it will help.  Please read my post on here.  "Hand, foot and mouth disease weird complication" is the name of my post.  It explains everything I have been going through.  This is terrible.  I cant believe I am going through this.  Glad that you are recovering though.  I want to follow that path.
    • Posted

I did a search for healing meditation and there was none that came up : healing meditation for excema. It's about 40 minutes long. I would just put headphones in and listen to calm my nerves.  I do think this virus causes additional stress and the body has a hard time healing like that.  One day I even did a gentle stretching yoga: mostly laying on ground because I knew I needed to relax to heal.

I had to take lukewarm showers, because the hot water almost felt like it was burning my hands (especially where the old skin had peeled). I started using organic soaps during the time because I was Afraid of putting extra harsh chemicals on my skin also. The needles in my feet feeling eventually went away. 

The heels of my feet are closer to normal now, but last week they started peeling in large peices. No loss of toenails or finger nails yet, but one finger nail is sensitive so i am being careful.

You should almost be done with it, but check your blood sugar often and before you try showering as well. Cooler to lukewarm water may help. I couldn't take hot showers until I was better.

• Posted

Hi Anne:  My name is Marie just in case.  Thank you for your reply.  I cannot begin to  express to anyone how terrible this whole thing is.  I was able to wash my hair in the sink with the spray hole last night with cool water and I took is slow.  I was so happy.  I was able to wipe down with a bit of alcohol.  Felt better.  Still have the headache on and off.  Hand, finger tips, elbows, ankles, and face are improving slowly but surely.  I am still anticipating the onslaught of peeling skin on the soles of my feet.  There is a brownish discoloration where it will peel as was so with my hands.  

I was going to go to a neurologist but will put that on hold for now and see what happens by Wednesday.  I used Reiki yesterday which helped.  I found a Youtube Video by Doreen Virtue.  She does Angel Energy and it is for Chakra clearing but fell asleep last night  before I had a chance to do it.  Will try today.

I so much appreciate talking to you.  It helps. Thank you

Overall, I am seeing improvement. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.