Omneprazole and numb fingers

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi - I have noticed if I take omneprazole continually for a few days I start getting numbness in my fingers - when this happens in the night I have to shake my hands when I wake up until I get proper feeling back. I mentioned this to my GP who reckoned what I was feeling was carpal syndrome in my wrist. I have since read the patient leaflet and noticed numbness/pins and needles can on rare occasions be a side effect. Before I go back and discuss again just wondered if anyone else had had these symptoms? Thank you.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was prescribed omeprazole for anti-ulcer after 2 months,i also had tingling and numbness in fingers of right and then left hand,i stopped it two days ago and returned to my previous medicine,cimetidine..the problem is greatly reduced but i have a little as i have arthritis in at least one finger and wrist but would never take omeprazole again!!
  • Posted

I have also got this of a night & cramps

x

• Posted

I have numbness in my little finger and my ring finger. I got it after restarting

Omeprazole two weeks ago.Will I get the feeling back?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.