On a lighter note

Posted , 14 users are following.

Do you know when your loved one (or carer) morphed from a loving, attentive and caring person into a Drill Sergeant?

My wife, who has been exceptional, has decided that I need to buck up a little as I am much more able than I let on *innocent look*.

Michael twisted

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Just after the wedding.  lol    twisted
    • Posted

No, I love her really - and she has been an absolute brick during mu extended recovery.

I was able to pay her back last night by helping her as she was giving a talk to some schoolchildren about World War 2 and her book.  I had to put up and dismantle her display stands.

• Posted

My sister was with me first week so attentive, second ok third want it get it so in a way did me good helped me get my independence back.

sue

• Posted

Probably the endless orders for room service of G&Ts with a slice of lemon, snacks on tap, back scratching etc etc  might be finally getting to your lovely wife???? Or perhaps the endless putting on of socks, pants and general downton abbey style dressing twice a day is reminding her of raising a very small child (my husband did let out a sigh or two as I asked for ANOTHER favour) I even got bored of hearing myself say, 'can you just'......

So bear with her, this tries our patience, lord only knows what it does to our better halves whom are saddled with both 247 nursing and house keeping duties for the forseeable.

Only another 12 weeks tell her !!!!! And then run!!! Sorry you can't! Get interflora to deliver some flowers with a thank you smile smile 

• Posted

My husband claims he is identifying with the servants in Jane Austen.....
    • Posted

Ha ha ha - Caroline spat out her drink when I read your reply to her. I interpertated it as a laugh and not disgust lol

But I agree, one does get tired of hearing your own voice. And I am glad you mentioned Downton Abbey. Getting ready for the day (inc full body wash) takes FOR-EVER! Not complaining, mind redface

But she will have the last laugh. She goes back to work on Tuesday (after 16 days) so she has asked her Mother to come and stay (open ended) to help me eek. When we arranged this (pre-op) I did not know I would be so strong and able at this stage.

You made us laugh - thank you.

• Posted

He he lets hope for your sakes Mrs Hogtog and Mrs Rocket don't read your posts......

😉.

We have been working in the garden the last couple of days (love it!) and "Him Indoors" said "She Who Must Be Obeyed" is back! 😊

Linnet x

• Posted

doesnt it feel good to be able to do the things we could not do in the past year such as the garden, i did some today, and now my brown bin is full till monday when they empty it, tomorrow i may try some digging xx

• Posted

Marilyn it feels so good to be able to garden, think I might join you with the digging tomorrow..............depending on the weather.......🌧🌞🌬?

Linnet x

• Posted

If you want to travel to Cromer Norfolk please do would love to meet up xx
    • Posted

What a lovely idea, we havent been to Norfolk for years we visited Cromer when we were staying in Great Yarmouth. I have also found out since that my cousins son  is living in Norfolk so would love to visit again.

Linnet xx

• Posted

It would be lovely to meet up, only trouble is I will be unable to put you up as our 2nd bedroom is my computer/craft room, but there are some reasonable b&b's in Cromer, please tell me where you live
    • Posted

Hi Marilyn

I live in Surrey, its really sweet of you to offer but we wouldnt dream of expecting you to put us up! Sadly I have no idea when we would be able to visit Norfolk as we already have a couple of holidays booked this year.

Wish we were a bit nearer. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.