On a positive note 😀😀😀

Posted , 7 users are following.

The last couple of weeks (I'm on day 12 now) have felt pretty full of doom and gloom ( almost no sleep, constipation, a bed sore, aching knees and shin, fainting, feeling sick, anxiety, etc) - but today I went outside for the first time - we went to our local Country Park and walked for about 20 mins and then had a coffee. Just felt great to be out and doing something normal!

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wonderful! Sounds like the perfect antidote to cabin fever 😊
    • Posted

It was such a small thing really - but had a huge effect! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  • Posted

Well done Abby, it will now get a bit easier every day. You will still have aches and pains and you must still continue to listen to your body and know when you've had enough and need to rest. Try to get out if only for 5 minutes every day it makes you feel good. If it's raining stand at the door.

As for the constipation a lot of this will ease with your moving aroound, have you tried prunes? or pick up some lactulose from your doctor or pharmasist.

Hope you have a continued improvement Love Gillxx

• Posted

Thanks Gillcat - yes tried all that for constipation; seem to have cracked it now. Onwards and upwards! X
  • Posted

You know what, you will feel so much better for that, its like turning a page, tomorrow you will feel different, little bit more confident. I promise its all up hill from now on xx
    • Posted

I believe you today - would have been sceptical yesterday 😊😊
  • Posted

Hi Abby

Kindest thing to get rid of constipation is pinapple juice or tinned pine apple in natural juce. Much nicer than prunes or morte meds from the doc. cheesygrin

• Posted

Agreed, it feels wonderful to be out and about, leading an (almost) normal life.

Walking to the town yesterday and just having a coffee was great for morale.

Graham

• Posted

It's funny isn't it, the things we normally take so much for granted. I must try to be more mindful!
  • Posted

Hi Abby, Youre not alone!!....I'm on day 17 and have felt exactly as you have...wondering why I have put myself through all this stress!!..... But I too went out (to church on Sunday) and just getting out and about cheered Β me up no end. Good luck with your recovery....no doubt we have some ups & downs ahead!....hopefully more ups!!!
  • Posted

Β That was quite Β a good walk you did. I went for a short walk to my friends for coffee this morning . Your right it is good to get out. Yesterday I felt a bit stir crazy!! Tomorrow I'm going to see Texas in concert. The tickets were booked before I new my surgery date. I wasnt Β sure I would be fit enough to make it. So pleased that I can!! Will help me feel normal again!!
    • Posted

In all honesty, I think I walked too far - aching a bit now πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰.

Ooh, enjoy Texas! That'll be great. They're in Manchester aren't they?

• Posted

Yes I ached after my little jaunt too!! Bridgewater hall for Texas. Seated thankfully. Is only reason I'm able to go. Taking a cushion! Hoping some disabled toilets handy too 😜
    • Posted

Oh it'll be such a joy to get out to something like that. One of my daughters is taking me to a local Health Spa later - just to sit around there really - I can't get right in the water yet, not had staples out. Looking forward to a cappuccino! #easilypleased!
    • Posted

Good for you getting to use tickets! I did the same, got tix for Billy Connolly next month. I expected a much longer wait for surgery. Fingers crossed (but not legs!)
    • Posted

Good luck Gertie.. I was exactly 2 weeks post op. I was optimistic that I might be able to go to the gig. Β Never thought I was going to be as good as I was though Best wishes AnnieΒ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.