On Flux for 6 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, I've been on this med for 6 weeks.  The first four weeks I had light side effects, trouble sleeping, loss of appetite, but otherwise felt fine. My doc prescribed them for me for stress and anxiety. I have a very big job which causes a lot of tension.  Then when I started my next month of pills, I started to feel sick. I've had indigestion for two weeks, chest pain, feel so sick, losing weight, the runs constantly, it's like the most chronic IBS symptoms. I've had two weeks off work, and my boss thinks I want to leave, but I'm so sick, I can't leave the house. I've also had various anxiety attacks when the chest pain gets bad, as it feels like a heart attack. I eat carefully, due to IBS, so can only conclude this med is kicking in.  Has anyone else suffered like this? I'm thinking of stopping. I'm on 20mg btw.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm on day 16 today! I have also had awful side effects I have lost nearly a stone in weight due to not being able to eat stomach is like a washing machine constant indigestion and nausea! Not as bad as I was but the side effects will pass don't stop them just push through it! I also having trouble sleeping and very fidgety! Hope your ok x

• Posted

Thanks Kirsty for your reply. I hope you feel better soon too. I just thought it odd that I didn't suffer the first four weeks....which makes me wonder if it's nothing to do with flux, but something else.

• Posted

That's ok?? Yes is strange that you didn't have many side effects! Most people get bad ones if you read all the post everyone is the same and similar side effects it's not nice! Hope it gets better for you x

• Posted

I have felt the same way, I know how your feeling. I just want to be me again.
    • Posted

You will feel like you again onestly this fine two weeks ago I was saying the same thing I just want to feel myself again it's the worst feeling but I have improved loads since then and starting to feel myself again after weeks of feeling detached! Onestly don't stop the medication it will get better for you I promise you that because I felt the same as you and thought I would never feel like me again! It's temporary but be patient with it! Stay strong x

• Posted

How long til they made you feel normal again? I feel like I'm constantly in a fog like I'm not here

• Posted

Yes, it is the med kicking in. The time frame is different for each person. I had two weeks with no symptoms, then was sick every morning for weeks. Lost a bunch of weight. Your story is very familiar. Hang in there. Maybe you need a different job - something less stressful. But...that's not something to decide when you are ill. Breathe, relax, and try to make yourself get some exercise every day. It really helps.

• Posted

Oh thank you so much Cheryl. And yes, I agree about the job....I've been thinking about that a lot lately. Thanks for the advice, I will give exercise a try. I've been housebound for a week feeling so bad....but you're right, exercise will probably help.  Thank you again xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.