On lexapro for month

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on lexapro for about month now, before I would get nervous because of the feelings I was having in my chest, pinching type feelings I was put on carvedilol for bp and afib July 3rd, when I started my lexapro I had the side effects, headache, nasea, but the feelings I was having in chest stopped, the pain in neck got better, but now they seem to be coming back! Pinching feelings, and the aches I was having in on 10mg do I need to ask my doc if I need to go up some? Has my body gotten used to 10mg and not working? Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I was on 10 Mil for many years when it just stopped working! GP increased to 20 and still waiting to feel 100%! Takes awhile for these meds to work!
    • Posted

Hi,

I sent a reply but because it had a link included this site are moderating it.

I had an ECG BEFORE I was put on Escitalopram and would suggest you see your doctor and ask for the same.

This will be on the safe side and put you mind at rest, please type in ''ECG and escitalopram '' into google and you will see further information on this.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you all I will look into that and call the doc. If it is the med I will live with it, but just knowing forsure is what I worry about, I've had ekgs, echo, stress test, two heart X-rays that was all before I started lexapro, and they were all fine

• Posted

Thats good to hear.

Best wishes to you, I hope things settle down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.