One day is a good day and the next I feel just awful

Posted , 9 users are following.

anyone else????cry

Yesterday I looked better than I had for ages, today I stayed in bed till after 11am (which makes me feel so guilty and lazy) and to be honest I could have stayed in bed all day............................

Well I got up, too much to do, I find that anything stressful brings on hot flushes, I feel sick? sad

and I've just started taking new type of HRT, 5 days into it precisely

Bad tempered, no appetite

HELP?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No need to feel guilty, you are not superwoman and don't ne
  • Posted

Some additional information would be helpful.  What is your menopause status?  How long and what type of HRT are you taking?  Since you said you are "taking a new type"  of HRT,  how and what were you taking before?
  • Posted

No need to feel guilty, you are not superwoman and don't need to justify anything.We have all been there. It's not easy when your body goes through these changes and of course our emotions are fueled by sheer exhaustion. Get some rest and make the best of your day off and see it as a small gift. Staying home today as well and ordering pizza later.
  • Posted

hello....ooh i so know what you mean...good and bad days...some days i feel yeah great...but it doesnt take much to zap my energy...its crazy...im not ill i say to myself..but i want to just go home get in my comfy clothes and chill...so tired all the time....do not feel guilty for sleeping in..we all need that now and again..and YES i totlly understand the anything stressful bringing on the flushes and panicks....i feel like i cant breathe if i get stressed.....i cry for no reason...i wonder were did i go the person i was a few months ago...now every day something ......dont feel alone....shame we cant all gettogether when we feel like this and have a good old moan together....take care hun
    • Posted

I like that idea of "having a good moan together" lol! If we cannot in reality we can always do it here.
    • Posted

hey a good moan is good for the soul.....and yes at least we have on here..funny i wonder were we all are and how close we actually may live to each other........could set up a menopause club...when i say club ..lots of wine and good company....lol....funny i love a drink but even my tastes and everthing is changing with this dam menopause....
    • Posted

Funny you mentioned that because I thought it was just my imagination but I as well have had changes in taste sensation sometimes everything seems too salty. I live in Northern California btw in the Bay Area.
    • Posted

no nit your imagination...im the same...and things i love ie coffee....red wine....nope no more ....no coffee and white wine now for me...totally weird... and another funny one my sense of smell is amazing but things can smell to intense now makes me gag..lol....overpowering.....awww im a very long way from you .....cornwall england...

• Posted

I don't enjoy certain foods anymore as much because everything tastes salty, as for smell yea some can be overpowering especially smoke and certain after shaves which never bothered me before, the worst for me is toast, it makes me nauseous just smelling it. I have been to England many times last time in June this year. Someday I will return and visit lovely Wales and Cornwall.
    • Posted

is funny isnt it im like a sniffer dog everything smells strong....my anxiety as been the worse but today having a ok day....never know wat the next day will bring ......hope we will one day be through this weird odd time in our life....yes it is lovely here... take care.x
  • Posted

don't have a sense of humour anymore sad
  • Posted

well TODDY atleast you've made me laugh cheesygrin
    • Posted

Well that's something....you made me laugh too TODDY was a nickname of mine from an ex!!.😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.