One month after uterine embolisation

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a 6cm fibroide in my utero. Had the embolisation done a month ago and for the last two days had some pain and great amount of clear blood coming out. Freaking out about the amount. Tried A&E yesterday just to be seeing by a nurse which dismissed it without too many questions. Called the department of radiology and waiting for someone to call me back.

Has anyone have this experience with the bleeding? I know bleeding is expected by didn't think so early and so much.

Any replies are appreciate it really stress here.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm not a doc, but because it's clots I wouldn't worry too much. Still for sure get it checked please!!! But if it were me I remind myself that bright red liquidy blood is bad. Some clotting after the treatment is prob just whatever was left over coming out. ??? Keep us posted.

• Posted

Thanks a lot for your reply. I just got out of the phone with the consultant and say because my fibroide is pressing my endometriosis it's normal to have more blood. Just in case of getting fever I will have to run to the A&E.

Hopefully all of this will end soon enough.

• Posted

Aww that's a relief!! It will your end is in sight! As for me I am on this fibristal awaiting mine to shrink. They have quite a bit already in a week I don't feel or look so bloated so that's good!

I'm going to ask about embolization and not a hysterectomysmile

• Posted

Oh glad you are not feeling so bloated!!! It's a relief for the body.

Keep us posted about your embolisationsmile

• Posted

It's probably your period. It's normal to bleed and have discharge after UFE.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.