One week gone still feeling like I could vomit

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

i discovered I had gallstones after a bad Crohn's disease flare about 6 mths ago.

Last Tuesday I finally had the sugery(key hole) and all went ok, my bowel is a mess anyway and so it wasn't going to be straight forward!

The problem I have is that after I've eaten I just feel sick, there is no horrible taste in my throat only what I have eaten repeating on me, but the sick feeling doesn't want to go away, I have learnt not to lie down afterwards, and that helps a little, but I still feel like crap, luckily I'm eating enough to keep my weight stable, but I just don't know what to do!

Is it time to see my dr?

should I just keep eating and hope it goes away?

and the noise that is coming from my tummy is very loud and uncomfortable,

Has anyone else experienced this?

many thanks 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It's called Bentyl
    • Posted

it's antispamodic and it sounds like your bowels are in action but amy need to calm down a bit. BENTYL and it's also known Dicyclomine.
  • Posted

Yes i have the same. I have been given a tablet called cyclizine for the nausea which helps.

I was told by my doctor the loud noises from my stomach is my stomach trying to digest the food.

I have now been told to avoid high fat content foods, anything brown and try gluten free foods.

I do think you should discuss your symptoms with your doctor

Hope you get some answers

• Posted

Lynne, to stop the vomit stop eating anything with flour immediately. All products containing Gluten. You may eat rice and potatoes. So you get carbs. Try for 10 days. Took all my symptoms, nausea away.

• Posted

Sorry you are struggling at the moment.

I had gallstones and had my gallbladder removed at end of April.

I just had pain not nausea.

Did not feel sick except immediately after op and it did not last long.

However, I am still getting stomach and having to be careful what I eat, still keeping off fatty food. Having said that, I am a lot better than I was before and Dr said it would settle down,it just takes time.

Remember you have had an operation.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xx

• Posted

Thank you for your help, off to the doctors tomorrow so hopefully something will move forward 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.