Ongoing fluctuating sinus pain for 4 weeks plus

Posted , 3 users are following.

I caught this cough that seems to be doing the rounds in mid January and it then followed that my sinuses became painful particularly on the right side. I cannot seem to get rid of the excess mucus causing the cough and, presumably, the sinus pain. I thought it had eased this week but yesterday it was back again with a vengeance.

I've tried sudafed (with and without painkillers added) and otrivine nasal spray. I've also been using ibuprofen which sometimes seems to work for a while. The 'cold' sets it off if I walk the dog....and yesterday it was 8°C which isn't that cold!

I'm heartedly sick of it now - should I see my GP? Mucus doesn't seem to be anything other than clear and cough is productive.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes it is time to see a GP, and if there is not help from them see and ENT.
  • Posted

Hi Andrea, Try Vicks Sinus. It does help with congestion and sinus pain. Did you go to a ENT for your sinues? Sinus pain is so Nasty. It affects your eyes, nose, throat ears and pain on the right side. It constantly hurts my head also. I think I am going to order a moist humidifier. So I can

Breath better. Goodluck with your choice of finding a ENT. Jeannie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.