Onion like smell from down below??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have you ladies only experienced a fishy odor when dealing with bv?? I've noticed a fishy odor before, but now it smells like onions. Is an oniony odor a sign that the infection is still around?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen your gyno? They will be able to tell you if infection is still there
  • Posted

Yes. I experienced that once. It was after oral sex. I unfortunately, wasn't aware I had BV at the time. Kinda gross I know, but he insisted. I looked it up online because it scared me. It is only because it's unclean. This can happen when you don't use any soaps down there ( I know you aren't suppose to anyways, but if you're like me and sweat like a pig, then that is not an option) I used some baking soda down there and made sure I cleaned it very good and it never smelled like that again. (of course I had BV at the time, so I had my "normal" fishy smell back)

I use baking soda from time to time to clean my vagina as it has no scent, not high in chemicals and it is a very light antiseptic/antibactierial. You can even use the organic brand from whole foods , but I use the regular one from the orange bag and it's worked fine. 

• Posted

Hydrogen peroxide works for me well... for the last rinse about a capful... and i wait for about 5 seconds and final rinse.... and there is one here in this thread... she had used acidophilus and bought otc in any pharmaceutical or drug store and it had helped with her BV eliminated and it gotten rid of the odors..... just sharing.....
    • Posted

Oh okay. Yes, it is definitely scary. It's odd, because it just started happening out of nowhere. Yes, I used a combo of baking soda, a couple drops of tea tree oil, and a little bit of peroxide, and water. It's probably a little much, but it worked. It cleared it right up, and quickly. The onion smell is completely gone.

Okay. That's very true. Baking soda works pretty well. Yes I used the regular one. It does.

• Posted

Hi, 

As someone who has had constant BV and used most prescription methods (pills, cream suppositories, etc) the only thing that has cleared up my BV is a daily dose of probiotic pills. I use the Walgreens brand called Ultra Probiotic with 20 Billion Active Cultures per serving ( I take 2 pills in the morning) and Folic Acid, I use the brand called Finest Nutrition, 400 mcg per tablet and I take 2 daily. This combo has finally eradicated BV for me! Hope it helps you too. P.S. The folic acid works almost immediately to elminate discharge and smell. I noticed a change within a day. Of course the probiotic helps to ensure gut health which is the cause of so many illnesses, BV included.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.